Where is/what is the Cuss Thread?

How about simply "berry"? Or is that too close to calling someone a vegetable or a fruitcake? Hm. What would it _mean_? I've no idea, but you're certainly one ripe berry, reed. :p

fryke.... its a funny word, it was used by a sports announcer (Phil Razuto) during Yankee baseball games. The player just missed the ball or something like that. And he would say:" HOLY COW! He missed the curve ball, WHAT A HUCKLEBERRY!" May come from Huckleberry Finn, by Mark Twain. I never insult anybody on the net especially this fun forum....."Ya Mokes".....look that one up in the dictionary. Cheers. Reed the "Weed" (as I was often called in highschool)

Thanks rhisiart, good start....you huckleberry.
Well you could be on to something here. Huckleberry Finn could be Cockney rhyming slang for something, although I can't think what.

How about simply "berry"? Or is that too close to calling someone a vegetable or a fruitcake? Hm. What would it _mean_? I've no idea, but you're certainly one ripe berry, reed. :p
I couldn't find a Cockney rhyming slang for berry, but there is 'strawberry tart' meaning heart, as in "my strawberry only beats for you, luv" (obviously I am not referring to you reed!).

BTW fryke, vegetable may be more apt than fruitcake, as in this statement from Wikipedia: The tomato is a berry and the strawberry is not; rather, every strawberry on a strawberry plant makes one berry as a whole.

So there you have it, although I don't personally get it.

I sure hope not.Mom would be displeased.
Hey, is calling somebody a tart an insult?
In anycase I'll see what I can find out for Huck. Here's one for the road....in keeping in step with this thread....

knucklehead. Ever see the Three Stooges?
Cheers.

I believe people have gotten so lazy here in America that they have resorted to just saying "Your mom" instead of confabulating an entire joke. (Ex. Your mom is so dumb she tripped over a cordless phone!) Maybe they're just naming people their own mother.

::YOUR MOM:: rhisiart!

I believe people have gotten so lazy here in America that they have resorted to just saying "Your mom" instead of confabulating an entire joke. (Ex. Your mom is so dumb she tripped over a cordless phone.) Maybe they're just naming people their own mother.

::YOUR MOM:: rhisiart!
I think reed is referring to his mother, not mine.

My own mother goes by the name of mum, as does my wife with the kids (or 'Herself', whichever mood I am in).

Oh the list is quite long:

1. 'Her Indoors' when I am in the pub.

2. 'Her Outdoors" when she is training for marathons.

3. 'My sweetest darling' when I want to permission to go to the pub.

4. 'Il Duce' on tin hat days.

5. 'Cybil' (i.e. Fawlty Towers) when she is giving me grief over the untidy state of our office.

5. 'My sweetheart' - well that's a very private thing.

Back