White (or gray depending on monitor) mailbox folders in Mail

eric halfabee

You talking to me!
Hi

A work colleague has something strange (to me at least) happening with Mail. She has created some mailboxes and some of them are white, and when she has transfered mail into them using the menu, the mail messages have disappeared and she cannot undo what she has done.

Much appreciated if anyone can help me on this or have any ideas.

She is using 10.3.4, and she uses a POP account if this info helps.

Cheers

eric

Just select the message(s) you wish to color, then select 'Show colors' from the 'Format' menu. Click on any color.

Hi Randman

Its not the colour of the message/s its the mailbox folder colour. Normally they are the standard OS X blue but some are white/gray. Although its not a serious problem, it would be nice to know what to do/has happened.

eric

Try moving the mail inside the offending folder to a newly created temporary folder, then delete the white/grey folder. Remake the white/grey folder, verify that it is colored and functions correctly, then move the messages back -- did it work?

Then howabout deleting the white folder altogether, making a new, fresh folder and moving the mail there?

Could it also be that the account for that folder is offline? Try going up to the "Mailbox" menu and check the "Online Status" of the accounts listed in that submenu.

Yeah we've done that and it works, its just one of those odd things you want to get to the bottom off. Oh well just have to wait until it happens again (if it does) to see what we did.

Cheers all

Eric

Whenever Mail goes goofy on me (all mail boxes are grayed out), quit Mail, then restart it. Everything should be back to normal.

Back