Who's going to Paris?

I'm not sure I'll be able to come ... :( But I'll try!

Anyone else from the Netherlands (Utrecht) going?

toast will be our french-english interface! :D

Very fine, very fine. I'll do my best not to hate the Parisians too much. Remember, France is this country where the central and decentralized powers (ie. Paris and province) hate each other ;)

And toast, you make sure we don't end up in a red-light milieu, since all I know is: Vous voulez coucher avec moi? :)

Too bad if we don't end up there, but I'll take care of the whole bunch :D

Reminder: I don't live in Paris, which means I can't help as far as lodging is concerned. I myself will probably be sleeping at a friend's place. It's also a possibility I won't sleep at all and party all night with students from the Paris Institute of Political Studies I know.

Reminder 2: bring your cams ! We'll take hundreds of shots for the board and show'em how much Apple Expo is a great event.

I _will_ be there. There are a few camping sites and youth hostels in the outer rims of Paris that are quite viable solutions, as the train will take you every 20 minutes or so directly into the center of the city. (and from there there's metros taking you to where you want).

The easiest way to find each other would be to bring your GSM cell phones with you, so we can SMS.

Also don't forget your AirPort enabled i- and PowerBooks, as I'm pretty sure that there'll be enough hotspots inside the expo area, so we can send live news to the board (and myself to macnews.net.tc).

Off topic: I won't go to Paris _without_ spending a night in the Montmartre area, and you _can't_ make sure you won't be near or in the red light district once you're near. Someone _will_ want to see the Moulin Rouge - even if it's only from the outside, but then you're already amidst the brothels and shops and nightclubs...

(My father took me to Paris when I was sixteen, and I _did_ want to see the M.R. - from the outside - back then... :p)

I'll have my phone with me (send mail to exchange numbers), but I won't bring my iMac ;) And I'm glad to see fryke was planning to go to Montmartre, as I already insinuated I was eager to go there (again) too :p

I'm a writer of short stories and short novels as well as poetry, for Steve's sake! I want to at least have a few glasses of Pernod @ Montmartre before the sun comes up, when I'm in Paris. :p

I will get the k-pass. No tickets or other reservations made yet = might go or then not.

I just registered my girlfriend. Who knows, maybe she'll fall in love with Apple too and follow me. :D

ksv sent me some mail with his plane arrival info; do the same ! I'm at francoisbriatte@yahoo.fr, and even though I'll be off all August (see other thread), I'll be back in Sept. for the Expo. See you !

Alright, mabye it's not big news, but your still in for a treat! I'm almost excited to see what comes out in september. I want those new iPod peripherals that macrumors.com talked about.

Have any of you got your access badges yet? I was told I'd have them "by the end of August". Well...

I've tried to contact the Apple Expo people serveral times with different questions and requests, but never heard anything from them. Great :rolleyes:

I've just registered!
There's a night train going from Milan to Paris... you get there at about 8 in the morning, just in time to go to the expo.
Seriously considering being there.. ;)

you have also the bus, lonny. it's a lot cheaper than the train. hopefully it'll be on time too. :p

I got my Apple expo personal access badge!! :D
Checked the conferences programm, but it doesn't look like they planed to introduce the new powerbook(s)... :(

Hello everyone,

I'll be there, have been in the past four years as well. Except for sept. 2001.

I'll be the one walking on my two back legs ;-)

Originally posted by Zammy-Sam
Btw, what is that login and password for?

It's a proof of registration, and for registering for the keynote and conferences. And you don't want to miss those ;)

I got my badge yesterday as well.
Not a press badge as it should be, though :p

Back