Why do pics on a website show up as odd text?

that's the images as they appear to a computer. rename any image on your hard drive with the extension .txt and then open it, you will see similar gibberish. it's the code. make sure all the images on your server have the right extensions (.jpg, .gif, .png etc)

I thought that this was probably the problem, but since I'm sorta new to Mac, I'm not sure how to do this.
Thank you!

I thought that this was probably the problem, but since I'm sorta new to Mac, I'm not sure how to do this.
Thank you!

Simply rename the file, and add the appropriate extension at the end of the file... for example, if your file is named "picture1" and it is a JPEG image, rename it to "picture1.jpg". Likewise for GIF and PNG files (.gif and .png, respectively).

Ok, I knew how to do that, but when I access this particular website, the image files open as text. How do I make a webpage open image files properly?

I'm sure you all think I'm stupid, but it's not image files that I'm having problems with. All of my image files open properly, except for the ones on this webpage.

It's not my webpage, but one I'd like to view.
Hate to break this to you, but you have no control over other people's web sites. If they screw them up, then you are just going to have to wait for them to fix the sites or find another way to entertain yourself.

I somehow missed the post from MisterMe who said he only saw gibberish too.
Can anyone else read this site??

http://members.aol.com/minkeybusiness/FUMC/FUMC-2006-10-27-Page6

As you can see from the URL, that image has no file name extension. I think everyone here assumed it was your web site, hence they told you to add the extension.

The web server is delivering the JPEG as though it were a text file, so your browser displays it as such. What you can do is download the file to disk (in Safari, hold the Option key as you load the URL), and then open the file in an image viewer.

And if possible, email the webmaster and tell them to name their files properly!

Back