Why is this forum so slow?

Pictures barely show up, and the buttons for posting, editing , and reply almost never show up.

This forum is the only places that gives so many problems.

It could be because it's bandwidth is all used since this is such a popular forum.

I've rarely ever had a problem with it. If it was it was because of a problem with my school's network.

SSManicDevlin, long time no see. Giving up on Apple bashing for a while?

I think it's the other way around, you are bashing anything that is not apple.

And frankly, i don't give a damn for zealot apple fanatics.

And I doubt this forum is very popular, since most of the posts are not active, nor there is alot of discussions.

I just think it's on a slow server, or simply crappy programming.

This is the only forum i have met that gives me so much problems.

Must be a problem on your Manic. Your type aren't welcome around here. Go find your own beach to surf on.

See ya.

Originally posted by AJaX
"Bad programming" It's freakin vBulletin...jeez

I think he thought it was running on an OS X Server - and wanted to put Macs down every chance he had...

Some people need to get a life - BAD! :D

I have the same problem whenever I use a PC w/ IE 6. Actually, I haven't tested it on any other PC version, but after visiting the forum, the same problem will occur on other browsing windows spawned from that session. I've tested it on 3 Windows XP machines.

heh...another one bites the dust. I'll keep my eyes open for anyone coming in to my pc service center with a problem surfing macosx.com ;)

Win2k using IE5 is just fine on a 1Ghz machine from my School Network (unless the network is slow). My 8600/G4/450 at home using Chimera, I get pages just as fast, and sometimes faster (shared line issue at school again).

No complaints from the Seattle area.

There is a problem with the vBulletin software. I sometimes have the problem with other sites that use the software.

See this thread, it discusses the problem: thread

See also this thread from vbulletin.com

Quote from onegoodpenguin:

I have the same problem whenever I use a PC w/ IE 6. Actually, I haven't tested it on any other PC version, but after visiting the forum, the same problem will occur on other browsing windows spawned from that session. I've tested it on 3 Windows XP machines.

Actually, I too have noticed problems with viewing the new version of this forum under IE 6 running Windows XP. Using older themes did not help. It looks like it is an issue with the images, perhaps. There is a thread concerning this topic:

http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23737

Mozilla works fine, so (surprise, surprise!) I think it is a problem with IE!

People are being quick to blame IE, but it could be the vBulletin software - it is not possible to tell at the moment. What we do know is that vBulletin is generating graphics that IE on a PC may not be happy with.

Whatever it is, it is a real pain. Changing the browser is not an option - at work.

Back