why screen sleep

yuki

Registered
Why does my G4's flat panel display (OS X.2.6) seem to go to sleep when it wants to? The 'screen effect' is set to activate at 30 minutes. The computer is set 'to go to sleep' in about the same time. What gives?

Do you mean it doesn't go to sleep at all, or some other amount of time than 30 minutes. How about turning off the screen effect until you get this sorted out, you can always set the screen saver to start by moving your mouse to a corner. Also, 30 minutes means you have to leave the system idle for that length of time. But try changing the Energy Saver pref to the shortest time for a test, or turn automatically go to sleep completely off, and just do it manually when you leave the computer, there's lots of options here. (does your display have a setting for this in energy saver options?)

I bet you have energy saver set. Go to the system preferences (Lightswitch) and select Energy Saver. Set that to never and uncheck the 'Use separate time to put the display to sleep'.

Now screen effects will work properly.

Yes energy saver was on. I turned it off. USE SEPERATE TIME TO PUT DISPLAY ASLEEP is off to.

In SCREEN EFFECTS I have it set to activate in 30 minutes.

Thanks alot.

Back