Windows 9 viewer problems

PaulHigg

Grounded by depression
Why is it that when I go to a site that has funny videos I get a window that pops up saying I need Windows 9.0 but when I download and install it, reboot, and go back to try to see the videos it still gives me that box?

I JUST upgraded from a G4 flat screen to a 20" iMac dual core Intel 2 Ghz, 1.5 GB RAM system. I can play some of my saved videos but I can't play the ones on Dave Chapelle's site unless I start Safari in Rosetta.

Also, when I go to a news site and try to open an article I get a MIME error, I have NO idea what that is, but it'll work in Rosetta also. I JUST discovered Rosetta today after having this new iMac for a week. Any help will be much appreciated. Do I need to download some files? Or is there a work-around?

Paul

You already know the work-around - open Safari in Rosetta. Many plug-ins are not yet Universal binaries, and will not function unless used on a PowerPC Mac, or with rosetta translator working on an Intel Mac. The Flip4Mac software (which is used as a replacement for the no-longer-supported Windows Media Player) may be Universal-coded soon.
http://www.flip4mac.com/pr_06_04_21.htm

Oh, okay, thanks then. Um, I am a newbie when it comes to the Intels. I didn't even KNOW what Rosetta was until today. However, I appreciate your reply.

Paul

Back