Windows Xp On Macintel : How To Access Os X Volume ?

romish

Registered
hello

i just wondering how to make the OSX volume recognize by windows XP after a bootcamp instalation on macintel (my Windows XP partition is FAT 32 formated)

thanks in advance!

Mac OS X is a Unix-derived OS and supports the use of partitions formatted in the Unix File System (UFS). Why does this matter? Because free Windows drivers for reading UFS partitions are easily available, versus commercial solutions for reading HFS partitions (eg. TransMac). Small things like reading a partition of your own HDD from another OS should not have to be paid for...............

Anyway, here's the URL to just such a UFS driver:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffsdrv/

I'm not aware of the changes in functionality that come with switching over from HFS+ to UFS, so if you're interested, go with this idea to the UNIX sub-forum of this website - you'll be bombarded with answers.................

Any idea where there's a list of incompatibilities with UFS on OS X? So far, I've only read about Airport not working on a UFS drive and the inability to permanently change the name of the startup volume from "/" in OS X 10.0 only............

Back