Windows XP theme for OSX...

Did anybody read to the right of the preview of this thing? "If they copy us, we copy them"

Ugh! Why would I want my Mac to look like Windows?

I've seen some great LCARS themes for X-Windows, and some shockingly bad ones. I think I would like to see a well-thought-out LCARS theme on OS-X.

BTW, anybody ever try out that PC prog, Star Trek Voice Command? I saw the box years ago, and have been meaning to try it out. Supposed to provide voice-print security and speech control to windows in a very star-trek-esque style.

Its the full moon and the nerd half of me is breaking out! I am starting to sprout a geeky T-shirt, thick-rim glasses and boofy hair... Arrrooo!

Hello!

Pretty cool theme but I think I will stick to my original one. However, someone who has this theme, could you please post the desktop picture (wallpaper) that is used in that screenshot? I would like to use it for something.

Have a great day!

Albert

Hello!

ablack6596: Thank you for posting that pict, now lets see my PC freinds shoot a double-take of my computer. "Is that really XP???" :D

Have a great day!

Albert

Originally posted by JohnnyV
Does anyone have a gun I can borrow so I can shoot myself in the head?:eek:
No sorry I don't :( but I heard that if you use Windows XP it will do the same thing.

Originally posted by JohnnyV
Does anyone have a gun I can borrow so I can shoot myself in the head?:eek:
No sorry I don't :( but I heard that if you use Windows XP it will do the same thing. ;)

yes LCARS is star trek related :p
it's what the federation uses as an interface on their Next Generation -to- Voyager timeline computers :)

Oh, the horror!!!
I installed it(the XP one) on my dads iMac as a sick joke. Turns out he LIKES it and is keeping it.

Actually the term 'LCARS' doesn't describe the 'theme' they are using on federation starships but the system. But I guess that's a virtual subject, anyway.

:)

Btw.: Duality 3 (the utility) comes with two very nice gray themes that get much less in the way of work than Aqua/Graphite. And their menus are opaque!!! No more tranlucency there. Very, very nice... Now if only Apple would make a really, really great new theme so we could use theirs... Doesn't have to be platinum, but it *has* to be much less candylike than Graphite is now...

yes, either use Duality3 (versiontracker) or make backups of the files you're replacing when installing! :)

Back