Wireless Firewire?

And it probably won't contain the term "wire" with out the suffix of -less, since it is a signal the goes through the air with out wires. :rolleyes:

mi5moav said:
...and energy as in power as in powering the device would be pretty much non existent...
except for the fact that to produce a signal it has to be powered....
or maybe it will just run on bubbles or AIR! :eek: :D

just a thought....

i swear i should have copyrighted "FireWireless" when i though of it a few years ago oh well :(

i think that the only thing that will become of "fire wireless" is vapor ware... which is quite fitting since none can agree on a name. Even the imac many people wish that apple would have used the name "joe" instead of "imac"

Firefly, sounds good just need to check if it hasn't been trademarked. There are quite a few firefly hardware products that use WIFI but not sure if there is a protocol called firefly.

I think Apple should call it "concourse" or "terminal" to fit with the Airport product. We already have wireless rendezvous and bluetooth. Do we really need another one or am I missing the point?

we already have a terminal... it just happens that it is for unix instead of wireless standards

I think WiFire is a pretty good name for it.

All these wireless signals running through the air. Wonder when the conspiracy theory is going to come up that our minds are being tampered with with all these signals. Like 802.11G lowers your sperm count. (Now I can see a whole bunch of guys sticking their routers between their legs to avoid knocking their girl up.)

qwikstreet said:
(Now I can see a whole bunch of guys sticking their routers between their legs to avoid knocking their girl up.)
Nah... The signals don't pass through skin... They come in your ears...

:eek:

TommyWillB said:
Nah... The signals don't pass through skin... They come in your ears...

:eek:

No wonder I am going deaf. And to think I was blaming it on concerts.

Now I see alot of people giving this technolgy an Apple eccentric name. Is this developed by Apple and tending to be proprietary?

Back