Wireless keyboard and mouse

phatcactus

The Ugly Organist
I haven't seen one post about the new wireless keyboard and mouse. I like the way they look, but I'd be quite worried about battery life.

Of course, the mouse still has only one button. :mad: So stubborn. I'm lookin' into getting a wireless Kensington. :D

Question on the wireless keyboard and mouse: I have my current USB keyboard and mouse hooked up to a Dr. Bott MoniSwitch USB -- a KVM switch that allows me to use my one keyboard and mouse (and monitor) for both my Mac and PC.

If I stuck a Bluetooth adapter into the KVM switch box, could I then use a wireless keyboard and mouse (either Apple's or Logitech's or whoever's) with both my mac and PC? The PC is running Windows XP.

Interesting! Can you pair the Bluetooth devices through the KVM switch when the Bluetooth adapter will be communicating through different operating systems? (that's a question for Dr. Bott, I think!) You can use Apple's Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard on only one system at a time, wouldn't the 2 systems through the KVM be seen as separate Bluetooth pairings? and requires re-pairing each time you switch? (A wireless setup that you have to manually switch at the KVM, and then do a setup process to get it to pair with the other system, LOL ) :confused:

Back