wireless keyboard and mouse

I feel the reason why Apple has availablity of the right click and scroll in OS X is to give us choices. I feel apple wants to stick with the single button (ease of use) but they give us the option of easily integrating the two button mouse into our daily usage. All we need to do is plug it in.

What more do you expect from apple? If you want a two button mouse, add one. It's simple. I love mine. Other OS X users that I've spoke with don't. Again, it's a choice thing.

Hehe, guess you guys didn't quiet get my post...through-out the post I was complaining about complainers, I end the post with "just stop complaining...honestly nobody wants to hear it." :D

But I still stand by what I said. :)

Originally posted by Rhino_G3
What more do you expect from apple? If you want a two button mouse, add one. It's simple. I love mine. Other OS X users that I've spoke with don't. Again, it's a choice thing.
Well, I expect Apple to offer a two-button mouse. I have a box with a few puck mice and a rejected Apple Pro Mouse (black) if anybody wants them.

I'm gonna post a poll. Let's put it to the vote!

This release is a disappointment, period. I expected more from the industrial design department. Microsoft, (I hate to say this) has released better input devices with their new range of products and the multi button mouse is a really handy product.

Break the tradition of single button mouse please, Apple. You can have the wired mouse in single button BUT make the add on like BT mouse multi button, you will make loads of Apple users happy.

I stand by the sinlge button mouse. If you want more buttons, third party mice have 'em, and at a reasonable price. I mean, why complain about Apple not having a multibutton mouse, and then suggest it as a BTO option? You pay the extra money anyway!

Makes no sense.

i understand why apple would only offer a one button mouse. simplicity is good.

but: if idiot windows users can figure out a 2 button mouse, surely anyone learning the mac platform will have less trouble. i totally think apple should have the option of a multi button mouse.

i've been using a kensignton turboball for almost 4 years now. i love it to death.

Yes, but many idiot Windows users have no conception of what the difference is, or they are confused when they right-click and get an odd menu instead of what they wanted.

In the defense of the idiot Windows user, I use to be one. The one click mouse was a bit of a learning curve for me. I got the hang of it now but when learning I often ran into stump where I couldn't figure out what to do without a right click. Even today I kind miss some of the easy thing I could do with a right click like get a pictures URL or new window and thing. I always have to look at the keyboard to perform those tasks and that takes myabe...4-5 seconds each time.

Just...get rid of the stupid 1-button mouse already... Tell me what the *advantage* of the 1-button mouse is? The disadvantage of the two/three button mouse? Disadvantage of the scroll wheel?

Do the advantages of the one-button mouse outweigh the disadvantages? Didn't think so. They're just being childish at this point...

Number of mouse buttons are a personal
choice - but even if i wanted a one-button
mouse, i would never pay $60 for one!

I just used the apple pro mouse at an apple training seminar and although it was a nice mouse, having to contrl/click all the time really sucked.

I am using a Logitech wireless optical mouse on my iBook and it is much better than the Apple pro mouse for my needs - and it only cost $39.

The Dual 1.25 GHz G4 i just ordered will no doubt come with the Apple Pro mouse - smashing it with my hammer should be very enjoyable! lmao.......As far as the wireless keyboard - been there/done that ...... ho hum ........ how cutting edge!

The cutting-edge part comes from it being Bluetooth, meaning you don't need anything extra besides a Bluetooth transmitter and you have a greater range for your keyboard and mouse (try squinting at your 15" monitor from 8 meters away! :)).

Ripcord: It keeps it simple for new users, and it keeps mouse makers in business. :rolleyes:

Right. So go and vote! Currently, two-button + scroll is in the lead with 32 votes with one-button in second place with 12. You can vote for more than one option if you want Apple to offer two models.

Part of me thinks it's silly arguing about the number of buttons on computer mice, but I'm convinced Apple's got it wrong here.

BTW, doesn't Apple have a patent on a one-button mouse? lol

For all the times you venture into the park with your iMac... :)

MD: I did, I voted for everything except 2-button mouse without scroll; I don't see why, if Apple were to sell a multibutton mouse, they would leave the scroll wheel off it.

Originally posted by arden
MD: I did, I voted for everything except 2-button mouse without scroll; I don't see why, if Apple were to sell a multibutton mouse, they would leave the scroll wheel off it.
Yeah, polls are tricky sometimes. People vote for everything. And I would agree with you on that point too. :)

Back