Wireless Network Strengthening Solution??

White-Knight

Registered
Hey guys and girls!!

White-Knight the no-nothing is here again, As a student, i live in stupid... i mean student accomodation!! the college had wirless networking fitted but because of the structure of my hall, there is a lack of signal available in my room.

Are there any ways or means of using some form of booster... is there an AirPort booster product??

Many thanks for your help guys!!

Talk with other people on you dorm floor. They might have solved their same problem.

I personally think if you get a wireless router and set it up to extend in WDS mode (if you college allows that).

Good Luck.

WDS will cut throughput in half, not your internet connection speed. So, if you have 54 MB/S G, the second hop would be 27, third 13.5, etc (theoretically)., so you won't see much slow-down there. Of course, WDS won't help much unless the repeater is getting a signal.

WDS will cut throughput in half, not your internet connection speed. So, if you have 54 MB/S G, the second hop would be 27, third 13.5, etc (theoretically)., so you won't see much slow-down there. Of course, WDS won't help much unless the repeater is getting a signal.

I um... was speaking in throughput. I used "internet connection" as a qualifier... unless you weren't talking to me.

You basically just rephrased everything that I said.

(Maybe I'll just rephrase my post.)

Maybe something like a network repeater might help. It's better to know what brand of wireless is the school using because a network repeater from that same company will work almost guaranteed.

Back