Woo hoo hoo! "Clean install" back in OS X 10.2!

simX

Unofficial Mac Genius
Just take a look at this page!:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/jaguar/morefeatures.html

Look under the "Interface Improvements" heading, look at the left column, 2 bullet points above the bottom.

Woo hoo hoo! Does that mean that Apple unified all the system resources into one folder? That would certainly rock. Let's hope this "clean install" option does what we think it does: reinstalls a clean system over any OS X install without having to erase your hard drive.

The other improvements seem to be great, too, though. Services in Finder! Flurry screen saver! Mount ftp servers directly in Finder!

Weird! "Animated folder icons"!? WTF is that?

Animated folder icons sounds like the functionality that an old program for OS 8/9 called Kineticon did... I sure hope so, that was AWESOME! Too cool to have an animated black hole or animated fire or animated explosion for a hard disk icon...

I'm pretty sure that the animated folder icons would be referring to the operation of spring loaded folders.

When you drag a file onto a folder for all that spring loaded goodness, the closed folder icon changes to an open folder icon. I think that's the extent of it.

Back