World of Warcraft on Intel-Mac?

Sirtovin

Senior Switcher Tech Guru
Has anyone at all played World of Warcraft on their new Intel-Mac? If so how is it running? What are your specs? (did you up the memory?)

I am thinking about getting the IMac 20" and upping the memory to 2gig... I want to know what you all think?

Hello there,

I hear it is playable. I came across this site that has a few submissions which talk about playing on an intel mac. The most revelant post is:

"WoW performance on iMac Intel Core Duo 20in, 2GHz, 1GB RAM, 256MB VRAM
Resolution 1680x1050
24 bit color 24 bit depth 1xmultisample (no FSAA)
Terrain distance 50%
Environment detail high
Texture detail high
Anisotropic filtering off
Terrain texture high
Box checked:
Level of detail
Enable all shader effects
Vertex animation shaders

Results:
Indoor about 50 fps
Outdoor 25-30 fps,
The picture attached is from a scene with the above settlings. It must be seen on the 20" iMac screen!! (file was 560KB Jpeg, too large to post-Mike)

Unchecking the "Enable all shader effects" -box, increases FPS to 40-50 in a normal typical outdoor scene and indoor scenes are up to 80-100 fps.
-GE/Per "

There are other reviews there too. It's not clear with most of them whether or not they are using WoW under OS X, or under XP using boot camp. still, it seems playable.

They've also just released a patch that addresses some of the Intel mac issues. so it looks like it should be fine :D

interesting.. it seems the game is playable... :) and that I will enjoy this machine. :)

Back