Wow! - Activity monitor

Elliotjnewman

Registered
I have recently downloaded 10.3.4 and have opened the Activity Monitor - how great is this Utility? quite amazing level of information about memory, application info, disk activity. Really helps when you are running programs to find out what the cpu is doing.

Very impressed - think Im gonna go off and learn some of the more advanced features of this program...

Ell.

TommyWillB said:
If you find a way to have 2 of them in the Dock each showing different graphs (CPU + Memory), let us know!
Menu Meters will do that in the menu bar, not the dock. Great app and freeware. Very customizable as well.

Are there any processes that can be deleted? I know that in Windows XP I could delete a few, as I didnt need them to be running...

activity monitor is cool, but i prefer the graphing in server admin. I love how they have the nice soft colors and the smooth looking graphs.

Elliotjnewman said:
Are there any processes that can be deleted? I know that in Windows XP I could delete a few, as I didnt need them to be running...
Unix is a very different animal from any version of Windoze. Many of those tasks are not using any CPU cycles and only tiny amounts of RAM unless they are actually in use. You might delete them but you will likely regret doing so.

senne said:
for some reason Activity Monitor can't launch.... I have MacOSX 10.3.4

Tell Activity Monitor I'm sorry to hear that it can't launch. Congrats on your having MacOSX 10.3.4.

...a little more information would be nice if you're seeking help.

Back