*WWDC 2005 Thread*

fryke said:
Performas weren't using intel processors at all. IIRC, Performas started as cheaper copies of the Mac Classic II, used the 68LC040 in the Performa 475 and 630 etc. and went to the 603 line of PowerPC processors later on.

You are right, however In 1992 they send me the performa 6100 that have prototype of intel. Apple made mistake. They forced me to send it back. I refused so they gave me new 8100av so I returned it back. :D

Yeah, you mean the one with the DOS card. That wasn't the Mac's main processor, though, and it ran DOS/Windows, not Mac OS, on the intel-compatible (not intel IIRC, but cyrix or orange or something) chip.

Hm. Sounds interesting. Do you have pictures of the mainboard at least? :)

Hmm.. Am I the only one that noticed several shots of Woz sitting in the audience during the keynote? Or am I seeing things :confused:

Ok, I'm going to be the first to say it:
Is that it? :rolleyes: ::sleepy::

Sure, the big story is the move to Intel (and I'm happy about the move), but that news took up the whole keynote. No new developments for iPods, software, tablet macs, music store, etc.. Nothing.

Usually, after a keynote, I'm all really to buy the latest Apple gadget. All I got from this keynote is that I'm probably better off not getting a Mac till 2006.

Very disappointing.

Kap

whitesaint said:
Hmm.. Am I the only one that noticed several shots of Woz sitting in the audience during the keynote? Or am I seeing things :confused:

yeah, that was woz. lookin older int he?

Ceroc Addict said:
Ok, I'm going to be the first to say it:
Is that it? :rolleyes: ::sleepy::

Sure, the big story is the move to Intel (and I'm happy about the move), but that news took up the whole keynote. No new developments for iPods, software, tablet macs, music store, etc.. Nothing.

Usually, after a keynote, I'm all really to buy the latest Apple gadget. All I got from this keynote is that I'm probably better off not getting a Mac till 2006.

Very disappointing.

Kap

its a developers conference. last years WWDC was heavily tiger based, for developers. they did reveal the alu cinema displays, and the 30", but that was it. software coding basically

Back