WWDC 2006 keynote

On the other side of the world 8 hours later i could feel his pain during the iPhoto demonstration.

If Time Machine works effectivly (doesnt use of $3,000 worth of external hard drives) then apple are on to something great.

ichat is looking great!

The notes feature throughout all apps is also a good sign.

Overall, im pretty impressed with the way OSX is heading.

Mac Pro seems like a reasonalby good improvement on allready the greatest tower in the world, and when they cofirmed the prices of the $2,500 MP to the similar $3,500 Dell i was amazed. The flexiblity on the MP is also great to see.

Cant wait to see their final release of 10.6 with their top secret stuff (did anyone else notice they showed no updates of the finder? i think this is going to be the big one!)

I thought Leopard looked really promising in the keynote. I figure if they're being secretive enough to hold back some of their ideas, we've got a really innovative system to look forward to. I especially liked Time Machine, although I'm not sure how they would use that technology without -as Timotheos said- a load of external hard drives.

I wonder if the backup drive has to be the same size or larger.. and if it will be "smart" enough to not backup 20 GB deleted iMovie files, or sacrifice many small docs for one big one.. I guess we'll find out spring, 2007.

I thought Leopard looked really promising in the keynote. I figure if they're being secretive enough to hold back some of their ideas, we've got a really innovative system to look forward to.
I'm surprised no one else said anything about them "holding back" on a few things. From what I saw, I'll upgrade pretty much immediately. Definitely agree that there's something we're missing here...hopefully a big thing.

I'm surprised no one else said anything about them "holding back" on a few things. From what I saw, I'll upgrade pretty much immediately. Definitely agree that there's something we're missing here...hopefully a big thing.

I have no doubt it's a big thing. My guess is a major Finder update. I thought it was a bit fishy that nothing in Finder had changed in the preview, and nothing was said about it either. In every OS release I've been here for, something changes in the Finder. I truly hope they utilize Core Animation to its fullest.

Yeah. Didn't they say that they had several apps in beta? I mean.. apps, not just features? Perhaps an Office killer..

The preview system essentially looked like Tiger with the new features. That's probably how they want it to look, now. Giving nothing else away..

I suspect the secret features are finder and front row. I originally thought the 'big thing' would be something to do with Boot camp, but that doesn't look likely. I don't see why they would hide extra boot camp-related features, seeing as it's the one thing MS doesn't need to copy.

maybe you're right about the word killer eric. Maybe a full-featured TextEdit.

I should have been more carefull with the title. a simple word like "video" makes a big difference if it was added WWDC 2006 keynote video. this is what the whole thread was started for and u can see this in the beggining where the first posts where made!
Now we are kinda off topic. not anybodyelses fault just mine...

so lets get back to subject... is the downloadable version of the video out yet?

is the downloadable version of the video out yet?
Apple doesn't offer a downloadable version of it. You can view it on their site using quicktime (streaming of course). Anything found elsewhere as a downloadable would be a pirated version and thus not really discussable (or linkable) here.

Attachments

• keynote.jpg
    keynote.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 11
Suspicious minds say that Leopard simply isn't far enough yet for them to unveil more. I guess we'll hear more about Leopard's state soon enough on our favourite rumour sites.

I agreed with you Fryke. Apple doing on purposes to wait till Vista released then Apple able release Leopard with more features. Which will blew Vista's A$$.. Yeah, thats Apple's way!

Back