WWDC predictions!

Attention, sarcasm...

I don't really see a problem. They've announced the 500 MHz G4 back then without a problem - and later just stepped back a bit. A year afterwards, the 500 MHz G4 was widely available. ;-)

I agree. Jobs is not going to come up short in front of the developers he's so desperately trying to keep and add to. He'll play it up, he'll make us nervous, and he'll hit 3 or 3.2. I think we'll hear the 100 million iTunes mark and, if we see a new iPod to mark the occasion, we'll even get a performance by an artist of a song or two. Again, I know this isn't MacWorld, Expo, or a music event, but Steve wants to put on a great show for his developers and lure more people to come every year. I was there last year and I decided back then that I *needed* to be there this year...just like I *need* a 3GHz+ Mac! ;)

I won't be able to wait any longer. If he announces 3GHz, its all mine. If he doesn't, maybe I'll get a current model cheap, if the price is good enough, and then turn it into my new test server when 3GHz does come around.

If he *really* wants to blow the roof off the joint, go PowerBook G5, one 15" and one 17", in the 1.5GHz - 1.6GHz range. I say that now, but they did go from 1.42GHz G4 to 2.0GHz G5 in one jump, its just harder to do that in laptop form.

Just look at the Mini (or the HPod even). Just because it's announced, it doesn't mean they'll be shipping the same day. A 3 ghz could be announced and it'll hit shelves by year's end.

Better yet, for one day only, Steve, in an attempt to reduce the amount of piracy of Tiger Beta, tells you to pick up your free Beta 3.0GHz G5 with Tiger pre-installed on it on your way out of the keynote. ;)

jackdahi said:
Well I think there will be something said about Mac OS developer tools. and a surprise visit by .net
You mean something like MONO integration in XCode? Or actual M$-sponsored software?

Cat said:
You mean something like MONO integration in XCode? Or actual M$-sponsored software?

While I dont think that the integration of .net is a Microsoft sponsored thing, I cant say whether Microsoft is behind it or not for shure. I think it will be a great addition to Tiger.

It looks like we'll be getting new powermac and imac models come to June 28. That is if all the rumors are correct.

While rumors are running wild on the web about new Apple hardware, I can only hope that Apple does something majical and releases some kind of revolutionary product and keeps the imagination and innovation going.

Well it happened before the WWDC. I had a small hint of some kind of new hardware that would be dropping this summer from cupertino and it shure did the Airport Express.
I was told by someone a while ago that Apple will be releasing some new Digital Hub kind of hardware this summer. I guess they were right on......

Back