• Mac OS X

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by jozo
Which one is better

Windows XP or MacOSX????

I wonder.

Or we can let the name speak for itself. Just look at "XP" from the right side.... (hint: it's a "smiley").

Well...ACTUALLY ... (Maybe!) i can Kick this thread into Action... Being a Windows User, and having played with OS X for a couple of months on my iBook, i did kinda pick up a lot! ... and For me Personally... OS X, as a whole, Doen't seem to have "As Much" as XP Does! ... i mean, after several updates From OS 10.0, there's still fatures u guys want! ... and Yet XP Doesn't Seem to Need this Kinda updates! ... i know i know, Both OS's Require Security updates, but i am talking one's which provide more functionality and all .. Something as simple as the "Open With" Command For example! ... i EXPECT Some Comeback on this Msg (hehe!) So, come on Guys! :p

Cool ... Well.... i STILL am Moving to OS X in the Summer (which kinda makes me a little of a hypercrit i guess! But hey! :p)

Cool!

NeYo

Originally posted by Nummi_G4
Open with ?

you mean... open a file with any app you want? You can do that in OSX.

Yes i know u "can" But its not as Easy as ...

popup.jpg

...YET! ;)

NeYo

how do you get XP to looks so much like OSX? my friend just upgraded to XP, and he is looking for OS X skins.

haha! Thanks dude! ... There's a VARIETY of things u're'll need! ...

First and Formost... Drop over 2 http://www.NeoWin.Net ... and Become a Member, in the Forums! The Amount Of Customization Over There is Obvious! ... there's peeps Trying 2 achieve a LOT Of Different things, from their XP GUI ... so u will See a VARIETY of theme's Which are very much Consistent, thru out the WHOLE System! ... The majority of regulars there have hacked a lot of DLL's, EXE's ... etc! ... So as i sed, Sign up there... Also, For my OS X look ... i use a Few Applications ... From "Stardock" (http://www.stardock.com)

Look For Windows FX - This Give's Shadows to Windows, Animations, Menu effects (Transparency, Animations, etc), Window Dragging, Transparency in GENERAL, etc!

Windows Blinds - This Application "Skins" Windows CLASSIC (Not Luna) into what it is now! The skin used is called "AquaXP" although there are a range, with the quality within "questionable". Windows Blinds, unlike MSSTYLES allows u 2 Switch the "Min, Max, Close Buttons" which makes a Difference! ... Having them on the right seems weird now!

Object Bar This Can Do a LOT of things, 2 create Bars etc! ... on my Machine, it Replicates the FINDER bar and does an "OK" Job, although getting it 2 do Exactly wat the Mac FINDER Bar does is Hard! :( ... it'll get there!

Besides that, the Dock Application is ACTUALLY an "alpha" Leak of a Program stardock Were Working on, CodeNamed: "ObjectDock" ..>Which Does Quite a Good, but basic Task Changer, OS X Style! ... Being an Alpha, it is more of a Technology DEMO, of what Could be possible. Since the LEAK, i think Stardock have Dropped the Project! :( Ah Well...

Maybe Check "Desktop X" which may offer some more OS X Kinda Features! ...

For all these Stardock Apps, i "think" the majority offer a Downloadable shareware Program!
...For the skins, (For the FULL versions of these Apps) Visit ...

http://www.wincustomize.com

;)

Besides Stardock, U're'll Want Resource Hacker 2 F**K around with those DLL's 'n' EXE's! ...

Here's a Shot, of the MAIN! ones...

dll.jpg

NeYo

Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~
Well...ACTUALLY ... (Maybe!) i can Kick this thread into Action... Being a Windows User, and having played with OS X for a couple of months on my iBook, i did kinda pick up a lot! ... and For me Personally... OS X, as a whole, Doen't seem to have "As Much" as XP Does! ... i mean, after several updates From OS 10.0, there's still fatures u guys want! ... and Yet XP Doesn't Seem to Need this Kinda updates! ... i know i know, Both OS's Require Security updates, but i am talking one's which provide more functionality and all .. Something as simple as the "Open With" Command For example! ... i EXPECT Some Comeback on this Msg (hehe!) So, come on Guys! :p

Cool ... Well.... i STILL am Moving to OS X in the Summer (which kinda makes me a little of a hypercrit i guess! But hey! :p)

Cool!

NeYo

If you call features of XP things like gaping security holes and bugs and stuff like that, then sure, XP is a more "feature-rich" operating system.

Seriously, there's not much missing. Sure there's some things like spring-loaded folders and stuff, but column view pretty much suffices now, and there are other OS X features that are really helpful. I'm sure that there are things that XP could use to enhance the operating system, but like OS X, they aren't necessary.

The only reason we complain about OS X is that, unlike you PC users, we actually have a SAY in what features should be put in our operating system. We demand quality, not quantity (like Windows XP). We expect higher quality, and will always offer constructive criticism. That's the difference, here. Windows already sucks a**, so there's no use in complaining about it. Get it?

Oh, yeah. One other thing. When you have hundreds of thousands of your computer users trying to make their crappy operating system look like OS X, it says so much about its users, and the operating system itself. Really, if you want OS X so badly, you could easily sell your PC and get a used Mac off of eBay that runs Mac OS X fine. It's kind of pathetic to see Windows XP look like that – flattering, but pathetic nonetheless.

I mean, seriously, do we see any OS X users trying to make it look like Windows XP? Maybe one or two, but not on the order of hundreds of thousands.

simX

Oh, yeah. One other thing. When you have hundreds of thousands of your computer users trying to make their crappy operating system look like OS X, it says so much about its users, and the operating system itself. Really, if you want OS X so badly, you could easily sell your PC and get a used Mac off of eBay that runs Mac OS X fine. It's kind of pathetic to see Windows XP look like that – flattering, but pathetic nonetheless.

I mean, seriously, do we see any OS X users trying to make it look like Windows XP? Maybe one or two, but not on the order of hundreds of thousands.

Dude... I dunno What Side u FELL Outta Bed this Morning, but i am certain it is not my problem. So Please, Firstly Chill... Damn, if Some1 Decides 2 "Do up" their Car, and become a "Boy Racer" ... Do u Go over, and tell them that it Doesn't look, right, that it might be "Disrespectful to the neighbourhood" ? No, i guessed not... So Firstly Chill Dude!
...I have Not Suddenly become a Troll, But Merely offer "another" Dimension to these kinds of Polls, i share my "view" nothing more!

<< By Saying Stuff like, "Windows already sucks a**", you really do lower my respect of you, i always kinda looked up2 u on this board, but Well... << shrugs >>
Say No More!

NeYo

Originally posted by Lessthanmighty
NeYo! Did you have to buy these programs? Or are you doing this all off the demos. I want to know!

Well, my dad (hehe) Got Something added 2 his Card! hehe!... stil not sure if he knows! hehe! ... (hope he Don't Read this!)
a lot of Stuff can be done, without spending Money... Just Time! ... there are some GREAT msstyles skins, which can be installed and run 2 as a Luna based skin! ... All that is required is that u replace a File in System32, for a hacked version. And then unsigned themes will work! ... if you want 2 know more, Jut holla ;)
NeYo

Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~

Dude... I dunno What Side u FELL Outta Bed this Morning, but i am certain it is not my problem. So Please, Firstly Chill... Damn, if Some1 Decides 2 "Do up" their Car, and become a "Boy Racer" ... Do u Go over, and tell them that it Doesn't look, right, that it might be "Disrespectful to the neighbourhood" ? No, i guessed not... So Firstly Chill Dude!
...I have Not Suddenly become a Troll, But Merely offer "another" Dimension to these kinds of Polls, i share my "view" nothing more!

<< By Saying Stuff like, "Windows already sucks a**", you really do lower my respect of you, i always kinda looked up2 u on this board, but Well... << shrugs >>
Say No More!

NeYo

Sorry about this morning. :p I shouldn't have been so harsh.

I know you have not become a troll. But as a Mac user, I'm just SO surprised at how many Windows people try to make their computers look like OS X, but don't actually GET a Mac & OS X. I mean, if you get a Mercedes, do you paint it and modify it so it looks like a BMW? Of course not.

From what you've said on the boards, Neyo, it seems that you actually WILL get a Mac & OS X, and I really hope that you finally do. I just kind of get pissed off at those others that never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back