Yahoo alert

This page might help...
http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page...hid=1355343580756&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML
Keep in mind that Yahoo has updated their webmail page very recently, and other pages in Yahoo, so certain functions might operate differently, or additional features might be available, and Yahoo mail is now giving you the choice to use some of those changed features.
The site update appears to be an ongoing process, so you may see glitchy stuff that may appear, then be gone after a day or two.

Or - syncing your own contacts could be a helpful thing, so there's likely no harm in choosing to sync your contacts - particularly if you use Yahoo mail as your primary mail system.

I have tried this and it is not the answer.

QUOTE=DeltaMac;1525885]This page might help...
http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page...hid=1355343580756&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML
Keep in mind that Yahoo has updated their webmail page very recently, and other pages in Yahoo, so certain functions might operate differently, or additional features might be available, and Yahoo mail is now giving you the choice to use some of those changed features.
The site update appears to be an ongoing process, so you may see glitchy stuff that may appear, then be gone after a day or two.

Or - syncing your own contacts could be a helpful thing, so there's likely no harm in choosing to sync your contacts - particularly if you use Yahoo mail as your primary mail system.[/QUOTE]

Looks like you have made a choice to allow Yahoo to sync your contacts, and it's asking what choice you want to make for that sync of your data.
What other choices are in that drop-down in the middle of that window?
It looks like if you choose to sync, that should stop the window from appearing.
What is the result if you simply choose to sync your contacts from that message window that you see?

If this continues to be an issue, and you can't find other information in Yahoo Mail help, you may want to contact Yahoo! directly.

The other option in the drop down menu is "Replace data on this computer". I have not used that one as I don't know what I will be removing. I the first one may well stop it occurring but I do not want to sync with Yahoo, Google yes as I use their email.

Last edited:
Back