Yahoo! website in Grey colour.

Nice touch for the one-year anniversary. Mirrors my feelings almost perfectly -- grey, bleak, mournful and sympathetic. Nice rememberance.

I like Google's better. A subtle ribbon. I live in NYC and didn't want to come to work today, just because I didn't want to hear everyone talking endlessly about it all. I work only about 10 blocks from the WTC. Like we didn't see and hear enough over the past year already. At least I'm meeting up with friends later on after work for Maker's Mark, the Drink of the Apocalypse, as we dubbed it last Sept. 11 and the days after.

Wow... I think I like it... minimal if any color at all yet it looks good.

I know what you mean hazmat, I was getting ready for work in the morning and I couldn't help to feel guilty as if I was commiting a CRIME to go to work today...

But I think that's because of my best friend's little sister's words ringing in my ear and echoing back and forth in my mind "they should make September 11 a (memorial) Holiday, people shouldn't work on that day".

On my way to work this morning I listened to "More Beautiful Today" by Mark McGuinn and "God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood on my iPod. I couldn't help but think of all the people directly affected. (by directly I mean those who know someone who was in a plane or the towers) I hope they can take some time out to just smile and remember the good times. Sometimes a smile can make a big difference. :)

Twister

I just listen to New Art Riot from Manic Street Preachers and Petrograd from Cringer and I feel better. :)

Here's the Yahoo home page in PDF form, for those who missed it.

Hope I'm covered under Yahoo's "Fair Use"...

-Rob

Attachments

• sept 11 - yahoo.com homepage.zip
    30.9 KB · Views: 36
I am living 14,000 kilometres from NYC, and while on my way to work (I live near the American Embassy), there was this idiot in a Saddam mask and uniform adorned with fake medals making a din outside the embassy! What a jerk! Thankfully he was arrested way before most of the mourners arrived at the embassy. What a (bleep).

Too bad it has to go back. Yahoo! has to be the second ugliest website behind JeffK's

As Zeldman says, "nobody cares about Yahoo!'s layout but Yahoo execs"

Back