• I own an Apple I

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I am Steve Wozniak

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Who is that guy ?

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have seen twice an AppleII in reality. I have some historical material but not the real thing. I owns an other computer that has maybe historical value, an IBM AT. A museum in Brussels?

Started using Apple IIs in elementary school... owned my first computer, Apple IIgs in 8th grade... owned my first Mac by 10th grade. It was a IIcx.

Well anyhow... I still have all my Apple IIgs software and its fun to play some of it with the IIGS emulator. :) Memories.

Admin

In high school I was a jock, so I didn't think about computers to much (so I missed out on the whole Apple ][ thing back then), I took a couple years off from school to train and run open (I was a sprinter/hurdler and was luck enough to run against some of the best people ever), and then when I was in college I was doing Mathematics that you couldn't really use computers for. About 1989 I saw a program called "Theorist" which could do differentiation, integration, and graphing of surfaces. And it was Mac only! It wasn't long before I dumped my Mac SE for a Mac SE/30 (I needed the FPU to run this app) and I haven't been able to look at any other type of computer the same way since.

And yes I still have that program, it runs great on my Quadra 950!

As for the old Apple II-series, I now have a IIc, but I haven't had time to get it up and running.

Yeah, the IIc was a first exercice to make a minimal size computer. Not yet a laptop, but not so far from it.

My mac history ?

well... It;s up and down :p

In chronological order of first encounter:
Mac Plus
Apple IIe
Mac LC III
Mac Centris 650
Apple IIgs
Apple IIc
Performa 635CD
Power Mac 7500
Power Mac 8500
Power Mac G3 desktop beige
Power Mac G3 tower B&W
Power Mac G3 tower beige
Power Mac G4 tower

Admiral

My first exposure to Apple computers was in 8th grade. The school purchased 5 Apple II computers with monitors, disk drives, and printers. I remember reading about it in the local newspaper, the total cost for the 5 computers was about $17,000. I wanted one so badly but they were so expensive and my family could never afford that. In the school library I always read the science periodicals, Science Digest, Scientific American, Popular Science (not a real science magazine), and Discover magazine. I often saw advertisements for the Sinclair ZX81 which looked interesting, but required self assembly. Popular Science ran an article about the Timex Sinclair 1000, the first assembled computer under $100. So I went to Radio Shack for my birthday and my father purchased it for me. Life was never the same. I eventually purchased the 1016 16K RAM Pack, and the 1040 Printer. After that I got the Timex Sinclair 2068, a Sinclair Spectrum clone, only it had a cartridge port, joystick ports, and a better sound chip, and a revised ROM. A few years later when I was a senior in high school, I purchased an Apple IIgs Woz Limited Edition (the original), an 800K 3.5" drive, a 5.25" drive, color monitor, and ImageWriter Printer. I still have all these computers, but the keyboard for the Apple IIgs no longer works and the printer died as well. My first Macintosh was purchased in 1995: PowerBook 520c. My 2nd Mac is my current system listed in my sig.

You guys are older than dirt :) just messing with ya! I was not even born yet when the Apple ][ came out. ahahahahhaha

My first daughter is born the same year as the Macintosh.

Yes, some people lived in the pre-personnal computer area. When you had to punch hole in cardboard to explain the computer what to do.

What is cardboard. What is punching? I did not think there was life before computers. I thought they created us.

Originally posted by Nummi
What is cardboard. What is punching? I did not think there was life before computers. I thought they created us.

Are you serious? :p

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
My mac history ?

Mac Plus
Apple IIe
Mac LC III
Mac Centris 650
Apple IIgs
Apple IIc
Performa 635CD
Power Mac 7500
Power Mac 8500
Power Mac G3 tower B&W
Power Mac G3 tower beige
Power Mac G4 tower

Admiral

Wow, that's a nice long collection. Do you still have all of them? If you do; i understand that you dont put them on your sig.:)

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
My mac history ?

Mac Plus
Apple IIe
Mac LC III
Mac Centris 650
Apple IIgs
Apple IIc
Performa 635CD
Power Mac 7500
Power Mac 8500
Power Mac G3 tower B&W
Power Mac G3 tower beige
Power Mac G4 tower

Admiral

13 macs? Uh oh, you should better buy a new iMac when they ship :p

It started in 1985, with
a Apple IIGS (I still have it, but where ?)
Then I worked on a MacPlus and owned a
MacSE30 in 1987, that I upgraded in SE40. I loved this one.
Then a MacIICX at work, a MACLC at home (what a ugly machine),
a Quadra 650 at work,
a PowerMac 7200 at home (a ugly machine, but It was a gift) and a PowerMac8500/150 at work (now still running, upgraded with a G3/400),
then a dualG4 533 at work, and a dualG4 800 at HOME (I finally win..!)
I have a great collection of MacII CX and CI uc's, if someone interested !, and a very beautiful motherboard of a IICI (my first "graphic" machine) as an art object in my house.
Thanks to their builders. Amen.

1984: Apple //c (I was 6 years old) running MousePaint etc...
1986: second hand Apple ][+ (released 1979)
1991: Macintosh LC
1993: Macintosh LC 475
1996: second hand Macintosh Quadra 800
1998: second hand Powermac 9600/300
1999: Powermac G4 (pci graphics)
2000: Powermac G4 Cube
2002: second hand Macintosh Plus (BEIGE Mac Plus [not the grey one] with the original Macintosh team signatures inside! 1MB, system 0.97, finder 1.0)

that's all folks!

Back