you do not have permission to access this page

pen-helm

Registered
They moved my question to

Linux Application / Opensource Support

and it is at

http://macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316041

but I can't load it, it says:

pen-helm, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Neither of those sounds right to me.

help!

That's because our system put your question in a section of the forums that is not open.

Right below the MacosX.com logo click on Account.
Now in the Account Options box at the right click on My Questions.
Click on the title of your question.
At the bottom of the page under your question you will see the following:
ReOpen Ticket for Another Tech to Assist
ReOpen Ticket for Previous Tech to Assist

Click on the first one.

It will reopen your ticket. Let me know when you do this so I can make sure it goes into the right section.

This would be something to take up with Scott, if you see a need for it.

Does anyone else think we should add this section in our forums?

Last edited:
It could be beneficial -- I see a lot of questions about MacPorts and DarwinPorts, which is, technically, Linux-style and opensource software (for the most part).

I'm just expressing my own interest in it, since I run a variety of Mac OS X and Linux machines at home and the integration between the two is not always straightforward. At this point in time, I don't think the Linux/Opensource forum would see much activity -- I just didn't know it existed (in a hidden state).

Back