you do not have sufficient privileges

pipermalibu

Registered
I have a MAC network with a G4 Powerbook, a G5 tower, and a newer Macbook Pro. I have been able to share files fine since the start of time between the G4 and G5. However, the MBP has trouble WRITTING to either of the older macs. I am administrator, and am using administrator login and password to the other computers.
I can read fine, but the MBP simply cannot write to the other computers. it always says "you do not have sufficient privileges"

I am a VERY experienced user, and simply cannot come up with any ideas on this one.

They are all adminstrator accounts... since it is really only me, on the network, I do not have lower user level accounts. One account, same name and password on all computers

Just for the sake of making sure, from the MacBook, you are connecting to the other computers using the username and password on the "remote" computer, not the username and password on the MacBook, correct?

I am using the user name and password on the remote (which is the same, not that it makes any difference, on all the computers) REMEMBER, I have been sharing files with no problems at all from my Intel Mini, the G5, The G4... its JUST the new MBP. It will read, but not write files.

Have your run repair permissions, disk utility, Disk Warrior, TechTool Pro or anything? I'm perplexed as to why this might be happening to you. I have been using a MacBook Pro since March and as a Mac IT person, I've never had trouble connecting to file sharing machines at home or at clients' offices.

I am a homebrew Mac IT guy, have been servicing the breed for about 10 years (PC's too) - so yes, I have done all the permissions check etc. - hence the reason for the post

Back