Your experiences with inkjets under OS X

bootedbear

JavaJunkie
Hey all,

A year or so back when my roommate got his TiBook he also received a promotional Lexmark Z32 inkjet printer, which has been nothing but trouble since Day One.

I've come to the conclusion that it's time to jettison the beast and replace it with something a little less troublesome.

So, what inkjets have y'all used that you can recommend?

thanks much,
BootedBear

I got a Canon S750 recently, its really nice. Fast, quiet, drivers are fine, quality's good too. The seperate ink tanks sold me, and I've always liked Canons (started off with a StyleWriter II :) ) Hear the HPs are good also. I really don't like Epsons, I used to have one and it sucked, the cartridge system was especially annoying, but I think they've got better more recently, and their print quality has always been good.

I have an Epson at work and love it. The dry time on glossy paper is a bit long, but it prints perfectly.

I have an HP at home and I am not thrilled with it. Sometimes the print quality stinks. And it refuses to print documents that I have converted from Windows to Mac. I end up taking those to work and printing on the Epson which handles it perfectly.

I have an Epson 777i colour which works very well.

A few times I have had problems with colour, but I think it was the hardware and not the printing service that was buggy.

I'm about to throw an axe through my Epson Stylus Color 580 - today it finally stopped working so I can get a new one :mad:

Back