Your Mac-- Male or Female? :)

What sex is your Mac?

• Male

• Female

• I... just... can't... decide...

• Aw, who cares, anyway?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Originally posted by toast
In "Computer Love" by Kraftwerk, the computer is female :rolleyes:...
I always thought that was just a classic example of Gay pronoun swaping. ;)

This reminds me of discussions on whether a car is a "chick car" or not. I've come to the conclusion that auto companies give cars they want to be chick cars nice names. (Acura Integra) But when the want to attract more male buyers the succenly give them weird letter-number names. (Accura RSX)

My comuter name is the very unoriginal "Mac OS X - 10.2", so i'm not sure if that qualifies as a nice name or a weird letter-number thing. However the name of my hard drive is not what I think of most... Usually I think of the fact that I'm using Apache, so maybe it is a male warior? (Obviously there were female Apache, but that's just not what comes to my mind first.)

I think of my mac as my twin. It's grumpy when it wakes up. usualy stubborn but works just like me.

and since i am male i just figue it's male too

i dont really personify, much less assign a gender to my computers, preferring instead to regard them as an extension to my own temporal body.

upon deeper thought i somewhat regard my mac as a part of my body. hmmm

I love HitchHiker's, but I call mine Computer from classic Star Trek. I loved the episode where they give it a sharp female personality but Kirk still calls it Computer.
Actually, my Graphite iBook once was Computer, then my new snow iBook became Computer and the graphite became Computer, too.

I use the high-quality Victoria voice so I guess Computer is female, though my girlfriend and my dog (she's a she pooch, the dog that is) may have issues with yet another female presence taking up my time, love and money. :D

Originally posted by Jet
I think of my mac as my twin. It's grumpy when it wakes up. usualy stubborn but works just like me.

and since i am male i just figue it's male too

Are you identical? :p

Originally posted by Randman
I love HitchHiker's, but I call mine Computer from classic Star Trek. I loved the episode where they give it a sharp female personality but Kirk still calls it Computer.
Actually, my Graphite iBook once was Computer, then my new snow iBook became Computer and the graphite became Computer, too.

I use the high-quality Victoria voice so I guess Computer is female, though my girlfriend and my dog (she's a she pooch, the dog that is) may have issues with yet another female presence taking up my time, love and money. :D

Alex Ross Shazam or Superman presentation? Or is it something total irrelevant to Alex Ross amazing drawings? Let me know and thank you in advance ;)

:D

I prefer Alex Ross' Batman over Supes and Marvel, but I think his Superman seems more powerful, even in simple scenes. Marvel always looks a little slow, but maybe that's my own feelings on the characters.

But to keep this Apple, related, let's say Clark uses a TiBook at the Planet, Billy Batson is at a school with an Apple program and you don't expect Bruce Wayne not to meld an Apple, a ToughBook and a Cray for his Bat'puter. :D

Back