Your website

Originally posted by nkuvu
Tom, I forgot to ask -- Where were you when it was snowing in Tucson?
My company has an office there somewhere... but I really don't know my around the city, so I can't say which part of town. (Uh... the flat part... with cactuses... and snow. :))

It was on January 30th... That much I know.

So are you calling your unix daemons fiends?...
Actually that comment is probably more of a reflection on my family than my Unix "friends". ;)
...And no fair editing your post to correct the spelling. :) You did that to me already in another thread.
Yeah........ but.....uh..... well....

That's not fair! :mad:

tommy, check this spelling out:

"several of my siblings marriges.) Si" the word i'm looking at is mariAges, i think :confused:

Ohh, right. The flat part. Oh yeah, and right by that cactus. Now I know exactly where it is. :)

A few years ago, I worked in a video store. I once had someone come up to me and ask the following: "Hi, I'm looking for a movie, but I don't remember what the name of it is. It's that one with the actor who has a beard, and he's older... Can you tell me the name of the movie?"

What? No, this is on topic to the thread. Really. Notice my next statement:

Nummi, I visited your website briefly. Very briefly. Sorry -- websites that play music get shut down immediately. Thought you might wanna know...

Of course, I don't have a real web page so I shouldn't be talking about other people's web pages... :p

Or maybe marriages. Si, senor... ;)

That is really funny. No offense, vic.

i know i'm funny, otherwise i would have been kicked outa here long ago! ;)

well. at least i get 5 out of 10.... :)

Originally posted by vic

sorry abou the bitchiness but a site with no spelling wrro is better than a site woth spelling errors, so in my picky tradition you might wann check this out :

"Picture Above And Sign The Petition To Save Futuram" i think it's FuturamA
Sorry :( I havn't really changed my website in awhile I am working on a new one except all I have are the buttons to go at the top of the page.

check the thread that i started "waht app do YOU want" i think many people have posted their ideas there.

Latelly, among other things, I was thinking about my web site. It's not THAT big, but yahoo is cutting free FTP access. Of course I could move my site to 50megs.com, with 50 free MB (more than yahoo) and free FTP, but I would require more time to un-do my web page to get rid of yahoo specific code, set up guestbooks and so on all over again.

so I was thinking about ads, not the nasty pop up kind but the banner. Do you guys think that sites get devalued if banner ads are introduced? I could add several ones strategically, so it *might* just pay off the cost brought on by yahoo.

What do you think?

Or do you think that it is preferable to postpone the grande-update till september and work hard to make changes to my web site not just browser/platform agnostic but also provider agnostic ????

Admiral

Banner ads are evil. Pop up windows are worse. Pop unders are even worse.

If you need financial assistance for your website, maybe text ads may be a good solution. Faster loading, non obtrusive, no possibility of pop ups, etc.

I personally use a freeservers.com account that I upgraded to a bannerless site. It's not the fastest thing in the world, but I only pay about $6 a month. I think the monthly fee is higher now, but I got in before the rates went up and they "grandfathered" those of us who upgraded before the price hike.

The only really bad thing is, freeservers.com is owned by Micro$haft. Because of that, I'm always on the lookout for a better service, but so far, it has more than met my need on my site. I don't get a lot of hits, and it has actually brought in a little business. All in all I can't complain.

Back