Your website

googolplex

jeff.hume.ca
Hey,
I know that many people around here have their own websites with many different things on them. I thought that I'd make a thread for you to introduce yours to everyone else and for me to promote mine.

Mine, http://jeff.hume.ca is a blog (weblog). I post cool links, my commentary on them. Or I post the occasional rant about something. It is a very informal site, like most weblogs. I warn you, do not visit this in old browser because it looks really bad due to the heavy css styling and xhtml I use. Also it looks alright in omniweb but not perfect.

Post your sites! and tell me what you think of mine.

Oh yeah and read mine every day, I usually have something new every day!

blingbling, nice site! first off, never make the user have to have a certain font installed. It alienates users and if they don't have it they might never come back. Make sure it works without it at least. I'm also not a big fan of the sites in small windows popping up I'd keep it in one window, but thats just my opinion. Is that a totally static site or are you using something for publishing stuff in the news column...? I love blogger because I can post all the time quickly and easily - I have probalby posted since you checked it out.

i really didn't want to have a person have a certain font installed, but as you can see if you go to that site, it's just a preview... i will change it...

my site is not a static site... it will be updated on occasion (sorta like a blog... i had one but stopped using it)

and i like it being in that window... i think it looks better (personal opinion)

I own a few websites. I like to keep them lightweight so no flash or heavy graphics.

www.pembery.com is my personal one. The webcam is down at the moment, but I will bring it back up soon. A simple site that does its job - no more, no less. The photo pages have been created automatically with iPhoto or a couple of other packages that I have been experimenting with so they are very basic.

www.citysandwichshop.com is a commercial one that a few of us setup. It was developed using a Mac and BBEdit. Underlying technology is perl with hash files. I had to develop a lazy writer process (like most modern relational databases) in order to stop log files gettin mixed up. Quite a simple site, but functional. The data was the tricky bit - had to do a bit of walking around London. The cunning thing about this web site is that the graphics resize depending upon the resolution of your screen, though it only does this up to a certain resolution. We based the resolutions used from the most common ones used in London Offices. Ignore the counter though - it is total rubbish.

www.icotrade.com is a very, very simple web site, for a comms product that I have created - probably not worth looking at. It uses ASP and used to have SQL Server beneath it, but the ISP managed to break the server once, and I haven't bothered to get it back.

Roger.

www.slackmedia.tk

It's my homepage that I use for showcasing things that me and some of my friends make. I call it slackMEDIA. (no, not slackware)
It's not much content there yet, but more things will be added later. The main project on the site is a 6min movie that i have made with many friends, the only problem is that you cant download it because i cant find a free server to put it on. Does anyone know of one? I need around 25Mb for the small one (320x240) and 60Mb for the big (640x480)

I had EnigmaZone.com, which is now defunct,but it featured my writing and poems and stuff... then there's DigitalTides.com, which features my music, and mp3.com/digitaltides, which is where you actually HEAR the music. I'm working on BlueFusionMedia.net at the moment, which will combine all of them back together.

http://www.joymarkdesign.com

I know I'm nothing but a hack, but my little design business pays for my Mac stuff. I know there's a lot of people better than I, but my customers have all been very happy up to now.

I'm a school teacher anyway, so this is not what I do for a living. Like I said, it pays for my Macs.

my main portfolio site is at www.visualrinse.com (samples, links, resumes, etc.)

a flash site i did for a friend with a recording studio is www.1454.net

my personal pet project is a site known as MediaDinosaur , it is a satire / editorial site centered around the media industry and allow users to interact with each other on topics related to that. It is still being filled with content, but the functionality is looking good... go check it out, and let me know what you think. cant wait to get this off the ground!

I'm almost embarassed to put this up after some of the other stuff I've seen here, but here it is anyway. Just a vanity page, nothing special, although I've got some music up too, if you're interested.

Nevertheless I am proud of this page - I've put a lot of effort into it and I think it's pretty clean and sensibly designed, if not so flashy.

-the valrus

I used to own/webmaster browserwars.com but it ran out and got sucked up by cyber squaters. That was the best domain I ever had.

Back