Zeroed out the drive, now want to do a fresh install with upgrade version of Tiger

LABachlr

Registered
I just zeroed out the hard drive, as it was giving errors. No errors occurred during the zeroing out, so it should be fine. I tried to install and upgrade version of Tiger on it, but it said that there was no trace of 10.3, so it could not install. Is there a way to get around this?

With windows, you would simply pop in the disk of the older version of the OS and you were good to go.

How does it work with Macs?

Pretty much the same. Pop in the disk for 10.3, and let that install. You would be able to immediately upgrade with your upgrade disk after installing 10.3. You won't need to do other, intermediate updates.

I just zeroed out the hard drive, as it was giving errors. ... I tried to install and upgrade version of Tiger on it, but it said that there was no trace of 10.3, so it could not install. Is there a way to get around this?

Which model Mac?
Which version of MacOS X shipped with it?
What is the source of your copy of MacOS X 10.4?

It states the obvious, it needs 10.3 to upgrade to Tiger. My mums MacMini needs 10.3 to upgrade too. Her Tiger disk is simply an upgrade installer.

Same as you can buy an upgrade Disc for VISTA, but you must have an OS already installed on the computer before it will upgrade.

Back