.zip file issue

HarryDebs

Registered
I recently downloaded a bunch of video games. They are old NES games in .zip files. I unarchived them but that as far as I can go. I have no idea what program to use to play the game. Help please. Thanks for any help.

You'll have to install them first...

What file format are they in? .exe, .dmg?
What OS (operating system) do you have and your computer specs? Tiger, Leopard?
In addition to asking here, you might want to try going to the support or file help section of whatever website you downloaded them from...

and a separate question, what cool games did you get?

They are .dmg and the OS is Growl. So what's next? I went to the support section of the site I downloaded from and had no luck.

I got the NES classics. Super Mario Bros., Zelda, Contra, Tecmo Bowl ect.
Thanks!

There is no OS called "Growl." Do you mean that you have the Growl system notification software installed?

What you probably downloaded are ROMs, which do not need to be unzipped to be played. You will need emulation software, like one of the following:

http://www.versiontracker.com/php/q...emulator&srchArea=macosx|macosx-all&submit=Go

After installing the NES emulator of your choice, simply follow the directions included wit the emulator to play the ROMs you downloaded.

Just as a side note, and I feel I always need to mention this, but by using those downloaded ROMs without owning the original cartridge to each of those games, you are breaking the license terms of Nintendo and are in violation of several United States laws. This only applies inside of the US, so if you're outside of the borders of the US, you'd have to check with your local government about the legality of ROMs

Back