zoom function not workign properly

masob

Registered
hey!,
in the universal access pref pane, there is a option for zoom screen. this works fine if i use the keyboard (option+command and +or-) but when i try to use a modifier key and the scroll wheel on my wacom tablet( intuos 2 6x8) it doesn't zoom. i have tried using different modifying keys to no avail. it worked fine until i upgraded to mac os 10.5. i used my room mates 3rd party 3 button mouse, and it worked. so i think it must be a problem with the way os x s interacting with wacom or something. lemme know if you can help.

thanks,
mason

Mason,

I use this ALL the time; without my glasses, thin as they are, I need zoom.

I use a Logitech three-button wireless mouse with option+command as a modifier key combination, and it works, without having to "enable zooming" (option-command-8). That is, I think that it must be a Wacom interaction issue.

As someone who uses it often, though, I would really suggest that you configure the advanced options for zooming, set the min and max zooms, and use the keyboard to activate it. I find it works MUCH better than the scroll wheel, which is far too slow (I have my min zoom set to 2 and max to 5).

Back