2006 MacWorld Expo BOLD Prediction

Might have more info on Mactel(hate that name) but I don't think they will be available till end of February or early March at the earliest. VOIP in ichat and a lot more video downloads are my big wants... I really hope that Apple makes a huge announcement that they bought some company... they better start spending some of their money soon. A new video camera with small HD from Apple, if they don't release one next week then I'm just going to go out and buy a canon or casio, can't wait any longer. Would love a small upgrade to airport express and would like a firmware upgrade to bluetooth on our stinking macs that allow use of stereo bluetooth headphones with our macs, jeeeeez.

50"? That's over twice the size of my monitor. But how many people could afford or have the room for one? I'm not sure.

The rumours about the 50" monitors are mostly speculation, but there are some other interesting claims to back them up. Some rumours are that Apple plan to introduce a "Final Cut Extreme" option for cinema production, at a cost over $10,000 per seat. The video format they are planning to use is a higher definition than any current display can handle natively, and is really intended for digital cinema. As a result, there is rumour of an accompanying 40 or 50 inch display, and a new video adapter format. These displays would cost tens of thousands of dollars and really only be used by the bigger studios, and it is likely that Apple will work with other manufacturers to make this happen.

However, these rumours mean very little to Macworld, nor will it mean anything to 99.99% of consumers, so we can safely put this into the "maybe" pile and leave it at that for now.

We do know that Apple have booked a lot of expo-space and presentation time for the National Broadcasters Association convention in July this year, but then this isn't really unusual for Apple.

I am however reminded of talk over a year ago that Apple wanted to move their digital hub concept into the living room, as more of an entertainment appliance. We've been seeing the first hints of this, but I really think we're only just starting to scratch the surface of what could be achieved.

That's just professional business.

What is of interest to me is what Apple is proposing for consumer market. And this is where I expect a revolution based on the new Intel processors and Front Row.

fryke said:
Yes, but why would they have to emulate X86 because of that?

To run Windows apps without the need for windows on a Mac. Probably a crazy idea, but if they would pull it off, you heard it here first ;)

malexgreen said:
To run Windows apps without the need for windows on a Mac. Probably a crazy idea, but if they would pull it off, you heard it here first ;)

This exists today with WINE and DarWINE.

What you might want is the ability to run Windows apps quickly and effortlessly on a Mac. That would be something nice to see. ;)

Personally, I would prefer that the devs would code for the Intel Mac running OS X x86 than have Windows apps run in a WINE-like environment, but that's me. :p

Well what i personnaly believe will be introduced is:

MAC MINI INTEL
IBOOK INTEL ONE AND ONLY 13.3 INCH MODEL

BETTER PRICING FOR ALL OF THE ITEMS MENTIONED ABOVE

NEW SHUFFLE BLACK WITH SINGLE LINE DISPLAY 1GB & 2GB
IPOD NANO @ 4GB AND 6GB

ILIFE 06
MIGHTY MOUSE WIRELESS
LEOPARD PREVIEW

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

I THINK YOU'RE SCREAMING TOO LOUD. ;)

As previously mentioned, I _don't_ think Leopard will be previewed until WWDC in June. It just makes no sense to preview it now...

I think there'll be an iPod nano 1 GB (as well as the previous 2 and 4 GB versions, of course) and only a 512 MB shuffle (but adding black as an option).

iLife '06 and iWork '06, of course. And an intel iBook. Not so sure about the Mac mini, but it _could_ get FrontRow. I certainly _hope_ Apple will let all users of Macs have FrontRow. Bluetooth remote would be good.

funny. 10 pages of speculation from "those in the know" and there's only one post, the one above mine, that was right.

Rumor-mongering should be outlawed or ridiculed. If not both.

georgelien said:
Even though I just recently bought myself a HR PowerBook G4, I expect a brand new PowerBook with Intel dual-core mobile processor best known as Yonah.

Brand new iBook and Mac mini with Intel single-core Yonah will be released shortly after.

Could there be brand new iBook next Tuesday?

Back