DID you subscribe to .Mac ?

DID you subscribe to .Mac ?

• Yes, I'm .Mac'ed

• No, but I will...

• Never !

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think you subscribe with the one you use the most. then log in with one of the others, sign up for the 60 days free, and then sign up totally but choose the "mac.com email only" option. then repeat with your other less-used one.

Originally posted by ddma
...let the other email addresses be email-only accounts?

What e-mail only account? All I see is the full .MAC account, which I am not about to pay for just to get the e-mail, even though I use it regularly.

As I have posted on other sites. $100 a year is too much. I am already paying for a domain. I was using my iDisk for personal use and helping to get the Mac brand name out by using their mail.

I don't have to have it, but it was a wonderful extra that I enjoyed using. I would like to pay $25 for my old iTools account, 20mb storage worked just perfectly for me.

although at first i said i wouldnt, but on second thought to support
apple i will do so... although i wish they had an option where you
can still receive email for free.

oh well

I got .maced.

Getting .maced is a really great desicion! Everything is 10x faster than before! And, you get more space!

Apple did not pay me to say the above lines, just to let you know. :)

Was I hearing things or did Steve Jobs say during the keynote that the $99 would cover all things in iTools currently and that cost would include future upgrades to .mac for the year?

Heath Pitts
www.heathpitts.com

...I will go for it! .Mac that is ;)

I think that all this discussion of how expensive .Mac and Jaguar are, lead us to nothing! If we simply want Apple to be around, alive and kicking, we simply got to offer them those $230 (for Jaguar + .Mac)...

Actually we are not offer anything because if you ask me Jaguar and .Mac worth this kind of money! I keep hearing of this cost, that cost, cost, cost, cost but only a handful of people tell it how it REALLY is... Well, I am saying it too: .Mac and Jaguar WORTH the money that Apple asks and NOT cost that money ;)

Jaguar and .Mac WORTH more than any other OS + similar Web services out there!

Go Apple! I can't wait for Jaguar :D but as for .Mac here I come :D

I'm pretty sure this is a rhetorical no, but is .mac ever going to be a suffix like .com? People were criticizing MS for calling theirs .net cause they cause confusion with otherthings.net but will .mac ever happen? Will we ever see www.apple.mac or www.quicktime.mac? Or better yet, will we see www.koelling.mac? I'd pay twice for an account that gave me a domain name like that. Then additional addresses would be troy@koelling.mac.

Not going to happen. But what would people pay for that?

BTW, I'm not sure if I'm going to pay yet for the 50$ first year. I might but I certainly can't afford 100$. I'd love a 10$ alias or 10$ email only account.

if they turned my email account into an alias, I would be fine with that. but they won't. and I don't think there iwll ever be a "www.insertname.mac" or "first@last.mac" Apple doesn't have control over 'net suffixes.

God you people seem so calm while the rest of the mac forums including Apples were they are deleting posts like crazy are screaming about it Apple promised an e-mail acount that would be reliable and always there but know I have to pay $100 a year for just an e-mazil address :eek: ! they should have a lower price for only e-mail or a smaller e-mail for free.

the thing we have to realize before we pass judgement on this is that there is no other company that is offering the same set of iTools or .mac services that people really use like apple is.

I for one don't mind paying apple one price for the things that I was paying multiple people for in the past. I signed up for .mac from a PC. I like the way apple is "giving" us these great services which go along with their desktop apps which are free. They have to make the money somewhere and I for one will help/

The only thing I used in iTools was the e-mail, I don't need any of the other stuff. Now i have to get a new e-mail and the irony was that I kinda picked on my windows using friends when it came clear that hotmail would become a pay service. Stupid me. :mad:

What Apple should do is partner with some site that does webmail, then when iTools accounts expire, make those accounts into aliases to accounts on that server, and charge this webmail partner a commission for driving users to them.

Users get to keep their address, and Apple can make a little money.

So here is my question....

Can they serve my homepage. Not HomePage, that little pre built thing they offer, but can they serve my domain inlineguy.com? Because if they can then that is no big deal, I would like it. But right now all I use is the mac mail and $100.00 ($50.00 this year) is a little pricy. I will probably still do it because I just finally got all my friends to send my mail to mac mail instead of my hotmail. If I could get my mail from my website to pop to Mail then I probably would not use it.

Matthew

:: inlineguy.com ::

Originally posted by xaqintosh
other than the fact that you don't need virex...

Please, just because the Mac platform doesn't have that many viruses doesn't mean it isn't potentially vulnerable to them. And if anything, virus protection is a good idea because Mac users don't live on an island - we get Word and Excel files from all those Windows users. By having virus software, Mac users can potentially stop a Windows virus from spreading further simply by helping to clean out all those virus-laden files we get from Windows users.

Getting Virex bundled with .Mac is a deal.

Back