Herve's Bar & Grill

Bonjour! Je M'appelle Trip! Votre nom? Enchanté! Enchantée (?)! Je suis débutant @French. Salut! :p

lol, i'm trying. That's all that matters.

Hey, I took Spanish in school, not French; I can't understand a word you're saying! Not even your name!

Um... :D

Hehe, au francias! Pardon, je suis débutant(e).

I'm actually teaching myself. :) I take ASL at school and Japanese through a small internet school. So by the end of the year I hope to be quite good at three new languages. :) Now if I could only get English right... :p

thats cool, is it tough to teach yourself a language? (having discipline in doing the work), especially like Japanese

IMO the only way to really learn a language is to live in a country that speaks it. It also doesn't hurt to have studied Linguistics. :) After less than a year and a half in Brazil, Brazilians tell me I speak Portuguese like a native and with no accent.

It's amazing what one year of Spanish class did for me. :) I can get the gist of what most things say, even if I haven't learned the words! It's amazing.

I mean, I took a look at the Mexican Apple.com... Wow... :p

I'm taking Spanish lessons, I'm not sure how much I can understand, but it's fun at least! Sorta like learning a new programming language but harder, since I have to learn how to speak it and everything... :)

I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, and, while I learned how to speak fairly well, I'm glad I'm not taking it anymore.

Nope, no body piercings aside from this pipe in my forehead. :)

Is there an "overscore" character, like _ but on top?

It's really actually easy to teach yourself. You just have to have connections. :)
For example: I talk on a daily basis to people who are fluent in French on Carracho. My friend speaks Japanese quite well. And my brother has taken ASL three years in a row.

So for me, learning these languages is just a basic conversation with some friends.

Oh and btw, I really hope when I die I get my obituary featured on apples web site... That would mean I was a huge success.

Mr. K, first you have to be a standout person and famous worldwide for thinking differently. You can't just be a loyal, faithful Mac user; you have to use your Mac to change the world, like Trip's signature says.

I didn't even notice the Apple.com update until a couple minutes ago. Sad. And instead of having me be on there when i die: I'd rather just live forever. :)

Originally posted by JohnnyV
Anyone have any body piercings?

Umh, yes. 3 in each ear + 1 high on right ear ... I guess those don't count as piercings? Well I have a pierced belly. ::angel::

OK, for the next 5 minutes all drinks are on me, I'm celebrating.
My new iPod FINALLY arrived, and I was quite surprised to find it was much thinner than the previous one, I was expecting the same dimensions with rounded edges...oh well, the smaller, the better :)

Back