Herve's Bar & Grill

arkayn said:
Go to my homepage, click links and then click the 2 link.

We are not allowed to link to other forums here.
Not exactly, they don't want you advertising sites that have forums, or importing discussions from other forums here. Nobody seems to have a problem with simply linking to another forum in a regular post; if they did, that would be rather elitist.

As for USB Overdrive, it only recognizes my mouse and gamepad. And I don't think it would do anything with my keyboard if it did recognize it.

arkayn said:
He will just have to get a tank then!!

Interesting fact that you may not have known. It is perfectly legal to use a tank on the roads in the UK. The cannon obviously has to be disabled, but there are no rules saying that you can't drive to work every morning in your Centurion!

I want one! :cool:

Is it the same in the US?

yeah, not too many tank dealerships 'round these parts. we do, however, have more pickup trucks than we have stuff to "pick-up", which is ironic/sad. i did see something on one of those "amazing videos" shows about a crazy person wrecking havoc on a high speed (?) car chase with the police--IN A TANK!!! It was the weirdest thing I'd seen yet, he was barrelling down the highway, and through some town, ended up in a neighborhood. very strange. come to think of it, my dad lived in London for a time, he had mentioned that they were selling off military surplus tanks there to civilian collectors.

"excuse me, Valet? (snap, snap) Can you put this somewhere safe? And don't touch the firing trigger. Here's an extra five, make sure there are no dings in the paint eh?"

Woah... well... that was rude!
Coming here, finding the doors locked with a note saying "pay up or leave"...
sudden flashbacks came back, and I remembered why I had left in the first place.
Not a friendly place if you don't have money. :(

ScottW said:
Before you start putting things in "quotes", you might make sure you "quote" correctly.

""

You're right, my bad. I should not have added quotes to that - cuz that's not exactly what it said. That's just how it sounds.

Well, it might have sounded like that, but nothing could have been further from the truth. No special access was given to anyone. Those who donated or not.

This place has died hasnt it?? Being the resident bartender (that I know of), may I suggest a wine this evening?

Marquis Phillips Cabernet Savignon 2003.

One of the finest Australian wines I have been able to try thus far. Full bodied with bright and vibrant cherry flavors and a silky smooth texture. I recommend this wine with a beautifully-cut sirloin steak, seared rare and served with a nice Grand Marnier sauce (http://homecooking.about.com/library/archive/blsauce24.htm). Enjoy.

Heh. Coolio.. a wine for me and Dorn for sure.. a busy week at work, and we were about to head for a pint .. so maybe a pint at Herve's and then to a real pub? :D

I'll have a Leffe Triple, no wine tonight.

I've finally decided to get an iPod mini ... it took me some time to get to justify the pure luxury expense to myself ... but now I've ordered one: a shiny new 6GB silver iPod mini (with custom engraving and it fits under your bed! :D ;) ).

I've also got an iPod Shuffle (512) for my brother's birthday.

Back