If the G5 is true, are you buying one?

Generally the PowerMacs are on a different release schedule than the PowerBooks because the chips are different... So I would not expect new PowerBooks at the same time they announce G5 PowerMacs...

Well, I would...if PowerMacs are going G5, so should PowerBooks...it's one of Apple's strong markets, I'll trust that they won't disappoint me

Originally posted by Ricky
But should the time come for a new computer, I'll wait as long as I can so I can get the next chip after the G5.

Be carefull of what you say, I said that after the same thing happened with my trusty ol' B&W G3... the same machine I've been running for 5 years!

I guess there's only a few more weeks worth of Daily Duty for this machine... finaly.

Originally posted by voice-
Well, I would...if PowerMacs are going G5, so should PowerBooks...it's one of Apple's strong markets, I'll trust that they won't disappoint me
The first G4 PowerMac appeared in July, 1999 (I think), while the first G4 PowerBook did not show up until January, 2001. So with roughly 1.5 years in between the release of the new chips in desktop machines and their appearance in laptops I think it is entirely reasonable to assume that there will be a delay before the new chips come to the PowerBook line. That said, I don't think that it will take Apple as long with the PPC 970 as it did with the G4, but I do believe that we will be looking at at least six months, possibly longer.

Back