Is Panther a MUST have?

Also, my 533mhz G4 runs Panther like a champ - very serious performance improvements over Jag. Fast User switching is fine, etc.

However, like a lot of things with OS X, it may have a lot to do with RAM. My 533mhz system has 512MB of RAM, perhaps the 256MB and 128MB machines just can't cope with some extra Panther memory overhead?

So Entourage does work, I'm still not in a rush to update my system, but it looks more likely on a rainy or snowy day.

From my very own tests with Panther 85 running on G3 iMacs @ >=300MHz as well as with >=256 MB of RAM, Panther run VERY well! If you add all the amazing things like stability, multitasking, etc that Panther has, to me it is as fast, if not faster, than OS 9.2.2 on those Macs... And I'm talking about the "developer" version of it :p ;)

G3/500MHz
640RAM

Panther is just as important as Jaguar as far as speed is concerned. As for the updated software, I'm still testing but already enjoying it a lot.

I guess it isn't for my use. I got frustrated that I wasn't able to get a copy one week after the release. I bought me a record to compensate. When I bought my iBook I was so excited that I succeeded two university exams and got certified for it. I didn't saw the bugs in the software. My Jaguar iBook has paid his investment back and it can blog what my 5260 doesn't.

Back