Let's see if your real face looks better than your desktop. Post your pic!

Well, I just finished reading all 45 pages of this thread - nice to meet you all at last!

:)

Attachments

• applewhore.jpg
    applewhore.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 25
quiksan said:
Is it pretty typical of you to take a picture of yourself before work Arden? :)

I mean, I understand checking yourself in the mirror ("wow, I look good!") before leaving, but a picture? lol
No, not usually. I figured I'd take one so you all could see what I look like in my floor outfit (like you care ;)). So here I am, showered, shaved (quicky with an electric, but shaved nonetheless), and decked out in stripes. I'll get some more of me drumming up later (and not in PJ's this time!).

Attachments

• ShoweredStripes.jpg
    ShoweredStripes.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 27
Arden said:
No, not usually. I figured I'd take one so you all could see what I look like in my floor outfit (like you care ;)). So here I am, showered, shaved (quicky with an electric, but shaved nonetheless), and decked out in stripes. I'll get some more of me drumming up later (and not in PJ's this time!).

What, you work at Footlocker now? :p :D

Zammy-Sam said:
lol!
nixgeek, this pic doesn't look so much like the one on your public profile?!

My wife just recently took this picture after I got my hair cut. I will update the profile pic soon. I figured the one there now was more indicative of my preference of machine and OSes. ;)

I bet you love that pic, Gia. This way the size-difference between you and Dorn is not visible. (ok, don't know where I got this impression but I think Dorn is a lot taller, right?)

Nope. He's perfect. Not too tall. Perfect to kiss (if we both are bare feet, or both have shoes.. slightly too tall to kiss when I'm on my socks and he's wearing shoes..) :D (so, maybe 3" difference?)

Bah! You're not going to let it go, are you? :p

Ok, FINE! :D

PB130011.sized.jpg

I hate taking pictures of myself smiling. :p
heh :)

lol! I see you are trying hard, Sogni. :D :)
Hey, I am also into fancy beards. How much time does it take you to shave? 45mins here. Due to this I am shaving only twice a week. :D

It takes me a while to shave if I use shaving cream, etc. Too much time, time that I do not have.

I just use water, much easier.

I feel like a real man now. Raar.

Zammy-Sam said:
lol! I see you are trying hard, Sogni. :D :)
Hey, I am also into fancy beards. How much time does it take you to shave? 45mins here. Due to this I am shaving only twice a week. :D

45 Minutes??? Shaving WHAT??? :confused:
Uhh... nevermind!!! I don't want to know! LOL

Seriously tho, once you have a look you want, just do a "maintenance" shave every other day, takes me no more than 5 minutes tops to maintain this one. Of course when it gets too long I do a quick run with the electric trimmer.

No shaving cream or anything special other than my shaver (Gillette Mach 3 Turbo). Just step out of the shower, give the mirror a few minutes to defog (usually enough time to dress and brush teeth) and go at it.

I've also let my sideburns get long, plus I have a pony tail (all my hair except for sideburns is getting evenly long into the tail) so no spending $ on haircuts, minimal time shaving, and I look like this. And girls seem to like it. :)

Sogni said:
45 Minutes???

That was my same reaction when I ready Zammy's post. Usually, it takes me about 10 minutes to get my face clean shaven around the goatee. And every once in a while I have to trim the goatee down. But 45 minutes?? To each his own I guess... :p

I'll probably get bored of it after a while though. Always happens. I end up shaving it all off and then months later leave it back on. As if the kids weren't enough excitement already for me to keep from being finicky about my goatee.

Although sometimes I do mess around with my wife and leave some weird moustache or something that'll gross her out right before I shave it off. ::ha::

lol, actually I tried to keep the wonderment down and said 45mins instead of 1h (as it is sometimes). And it's really JUST my face I am shaving. :)
So, why does it take so much time? First of all I am persian and bless my parents (more my father) for the very good and strong hair-growth. Unfortunately it also affected my face which is the price for all this. So, even if I would just shave everything off it would take me 30mins. I am not using a blade but my electro-shaver Braun Activator. Don't know which method is faster, but for a Baby-butt quality I will need to move over the skin several times. Now imagine how much time it takes leaving a tiny line along my lower jaw bone. Also consider I have to adjust the hairlength everytime I shave. And that's also quite time-consuming. So, in the end I am mostly done within 45mins. Maybe I should also add that my neck needs to be shaved as well. Many ppl don't need to do that. And the neck is actually very hard to shave. You will need a lot of practice and a very dry skin to not end up in a massacre.
But hey, what are 90mins in a week? That would be almost 12mins every day. I think it's ok.
But things will definitely change once my gf moves in. Maybe I will just burn off my hair instead of shaving it. :)

Back