Mac Mail Trash

TTown

Registered
My boss is having trouble with the Trash Folder on his Mac Mail. Everytime he tries to delete a new mail message, he receives this error message:

The message could not be moved to the mailbox "Trash - New Mail". The destination mailbox Trash - New Mail" does not allow messages to be moved to it.

Also, his previously deleted emails that should be in his Trash folder are gone. Do you have any suggestions?

We tried to uncheck and recheck the box under Preferences, and that did nothing for him.

To give a more precise answer to you more information is needed. What kind of mail service is used? IMAP or POP3? Has he tried other email programs such as Thunderbird?

Also Mail and pretty much any other email application will over time automatically empty the trash folder.

Last edited:
TTown,
Exactly how is your boss sending the email to the trash? What version Mail is he using or better yet, What version OS is he running?
Is there an arrow next to the Trash icon in the side bar? If so, click on it and it will expand the folders that are in Trash. New Mail should not be there and you can open Trash, then drag that folder out and drop it in the Side Bar.

NuMackUsr,
Mail will not, over time, empty the trash by itself unless it has been set as such in the preferences of Mail.

Cheryl my bad i have used Mail in Panther and unless you went into preferences and specified otherwise Mail would automatically empty trash

Back