QT Pro: Maybe higher price...

Appleworks? Hell... I'm hard pressed to find a word-processing need past TextEdit, let alone Appleworks...

fryke brought up a good point. iMovie is only $49 (or free with an iMac). Asking for $9 less for just a movie player seems expensive in comparison.

'just' a movie player?

Quicktime Pro lets you edit, basically, ANY type of quicktime media. It is EXTREMELY powerful.

Now it's ALSO an mpeg4 authoring tool...

With quicktime pro... you can compile still frame animations, edit clips of movies together, composite video tracks, add titling, graphics, splash frames, subtitles, compress videos for the web, explode video into image sequences for editing/wire removal, and many many more things.

Basically... you can squeeze much more functionality out of quicktime pro than you can out of iMovie.

Besides... the player is free. If you don't want all the extra stuff, you don't have to pay for it.

I use iMovie for editing movies now. In university I used Adobe Premiere. Quicktime isn't very feature filled in comparison. The most I've used it for editing is copy/cut/paste. All I want to do is download the trailers at Apple in the largest resolution. You need Quicktime Pro for that.

I will buy QT 6. It will be the first quicktime purchase I have made, I had no need for it before, but I'm getting into all the vid stuff :D
Too bad I can't afford FCP, I guess iMovie will have to suffice.

How they pay the royalty fees? They're still involved in resolving the fee issues, so we can't as of yet say how they will have to pay them.

And basically, if less people buy QT6 because it's more expensive and more people pirate the Pro version, they actually might end up paying a higher royalty fee per active user of the Pro version.

I should clarify that I would pay for Quicktime 6, if the price stayed at the same level that it is at now.

Originally posted by Alexandert
Sorry Apple,

BUT I WILL CRACK THAT THING!

Im a poor student. I cant pay for every stupid update! :mad:

MPEG-4 support is not stupid. Do your homework.

-Brad

Originally posted by Alexandert
Sorry Apple,

BUT I WILL CRACK THAT THING!

Im a poor student. I cant pay for every stupid update! :mad:
If you think it's a stupid update, then you won't be getting it, right? :rolleyes:

BTW, people like you give students a bad name!

Back