WWDC predictions!

Steve has to announce a G5 bump, even if it's not 3 GhZ (I think it will be, but it'll still take 6 months to ship).
Plus he can crow about the Mini still. Maybe the latest generation of iPods, and don't forget iTMS Europe.

Yeah, I knew about the Panther preview, I watched that one live. I was asking about Jaguar :)

Wow, even the predictions are pretty boring. Usually about a quarter of the predictions are way farther out there than reality...

Panter was a lot better then any of us were really expecting. The only thing that seemed to have leaked at all, until the day before the keynote was that the finder was going to be brushed metal. Outside of that, there was little as far as accuracy on that.

new display line
resurrection of the cube...

Piles that we were hearing about for panther.
virtual desktops

I'm echoing most of the other things already stated. But I don't think anyone mentioned the cube...

Predictions:

WHAT WILL HAPPEN
1. speed bump G5 to 2.5GHZ, no more--some other enhancements like better video card, faster RAM, etc.
2. new displays, bigger, brighter, more accurate
3. ipod revision of some sort (how's that for vague?)

WHAT WON'T HAPPEN

1. Apple's office suite
2. G5 laptops
3. any kind of laptop enhancement
4. 3GHZ G5--not gonna happen

CUPERTINO, Calif., May 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Apple(R) (Nasdaq: AAPL) today announced that Steve Jobs will kick off its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) with a keynote on Monday, June 28, 2004, beginning at 10:00 a.m. at San Francisco's Moscone West. This year's keynote will include a preview of "Tiger," the next major release of Mac(R) OS X.

Tiger!! we will soon run out of big cats. Lets start a pool on what will come after cats........snakes?

My roommate is begging Apple to include sloppy focus.

IMO 2.5GHz G5 just won't cut it, that's just too far off from what Apple promised. Remember, this is the Developer Conference. Dissapoint people in Paris, New York, etc, but not the people your trying to rally into a frenzy of development for your systems.

I don't think we've have Leopard yet, have we?

Anyone remember how Steve said last year that we'd have 3ghz in a year's time? I bet he announces that.

Since it's a Developers conference, I'm guessing updated development tools, with better integration between XCode and Interface Builder.

Well, for one thing, when you use IB to create the header files, it will just blast away whatever changes you have done in XCode. It tells you this, but there's no way around it, except not using IB to create all the IBOutlets & stuff.

It would be good if it would be able to link the GUI elements to the code a bit better.

That would work, but that's not really the best way to get around it. The 2 apps should be synced so that there aren't conflicts between them.

i want to watch the WWDC confence live this year! sick of looking through all the different rumors pages to find out what exactly was said! anyway if its on at 10.00am (boston time) what time will that be in the UK (GMT + 0 right now i think :S) sorry but i'm realy bad with international time and I know i will end up missing the first hour if i dont ask now! lol

Back