10.1.3 Observation....

I just noticed something else odd in 10.1.3: when you drag icons within the Dock they move to the correct location but the smooth animation isn't there anymore (like when you drag icons in the Mail toolbar). It's no big deal since everything still works properly, but is everyone else experiencing this too?

Originally posted by laguila
I just noticed something else odd in 10.1.3: when you drag icons within the Dock they move to the correct location but the smooth animation isn't there anymore (like when you drag icons in the Mail toolbar). It's no big deal since everything still works properly, but is everyone else experiencing this too?

If you mean the cool icon-spreading animation to make room for the new icon, I've still got it...

:rolleyes:

I just started-up my G4 from an overnight shut down and the Dock animation is back! I couldn't begin to tell you why it was gone in the first place, but I'll make sure to re-start before I start spreading ugly rumours next time...

My bad!

i'm getting the impression that apple doesn't like us using the b&w macs anymore. i have the same problem with the dvd. can't use it because of the "hardware config" so i have to goto classic. i wonder does apple actually test the updates out on all types of system configs to see if it may not work!!!

I've had a lot of weird experiences with 10.1.3 and the Dock, and restarts usually solve all of them.

For instance, sometimes my Dock (which is set to auto-hide and magnify) will stop responding to "mouse-overs" to appear. I have to actually "click" to get it to come up from being hidden. What's more, the magnification is gone -- I have to "click" again to get it to magnify whatever the mouse is over.

Sometimes my dock locks up completely, and will not show up no matter how much clicking and cursing I do.

Like I said, restarts solve all of these problems.

Back