10.2.3 new brushed interface?

1. The screenshots are genuine. Confirmed.

2. iTunes and QuickTime don't make use of the brushed theme, their theme is hacked into the application.

3. Makes me believe 10.2.3 will only be released when updates for iTunes and QT are ready, too.

I think it looks great. It goes with the refinements made to the buttons and widgets in 10.2. Further improvements I'd like to see in the interface:

Get rid of stripes, and gice the white areas a glass look (like the buttons)

Make two more threee more color schemes:Ice,Snow and Chrome.

Ice would be a clear lucit look for the widgets,scroll bars, check boxes etc. Snow would be an opaque white color similar to the glass white of the empty space. Chrome would be a chrome color/texture like that on the iMac.

I think these changes would really spiff up the interfaces and make it even more classy.

Well, I tho think that it matches the brushed interface better. It shouldn't suppose to have shadow with brushed interface.

Originally posted by toast
Sorry, maybe I've been unclear.

Where did you get those screenshots ? How did you get 10.2.3 ? Official tester ? Illegal network ?

*use PM if needed :D*

hmm, toast, look back good at the beginning of the thread: threadstarter = ddma . Not me. I still have the LEGAL 10.2.2 here!

I think someone has installed the theme from the 3rd party so the one has a new theme for the brushed interface... it really looks like the 10.2.3 release?? Who has installed 10.2.3 beta to confirm it pls.

Since they're doing changes to the window widgets, I wish they'd also make the widget symbols "X", "-" and "+" always visible. Having to scrub the buttons with a mouse to see what they do is just bad UI design, and goes against Apple's own guidelines. They should also come up with a replacement for the "+" symbol, as it doesn't correctly describe its functionality.

Originally posted by celeborn
Since they're doing changes to the window widgets, I wish they'd also make the widget symbols "X", "-" and "+" always visible. Having to scrub the buttons with a mouse to see what they do is just bad UI design, and goes against Apple's own guidelines. They should also come up with a replacement for the "+" symbol, as it doesn't correctly describe its functionality.

you've read the same article as me :)

Originally posted by senne
you've read the same article as me :)

If you mean the part in the AHIG concerning the use of color in interface design, then yes. Originally though it was just about my own frustration concerning Apple's "modern" Aqua UI. It's all neat and lickable and all that, but I think they should've instead built on the stuff they had learnt with the extremely functional yet elegant Platinum interface. Oh but they couldn't do that, of course, because wise old Steve fired the Human Interface group at Apple.

Originally posted by celeborn
If you mean the part in the AHIG concerning the use of color in interface design, then yes. Originally though it was just about my own frustration concerning Apple's "modern" Aqua UI. It's all neat and lickable and all that, but I think they should've instead built on the stuff they had learnt with the extremely functional yet elegant Platinum interface. Oh but they couldn't do that, of course, because wise old Steve fired the Human Interface group at Apple.

ah, no, i've read the article about a Windows-addict that breaks off Mac OS X. He had the same arguments as you have now.

hey if it pleases the mac os 9 converts to have something that looks like platinum..well no it doesn't but you get the point...than my friend who's a graphic designer is all for it. He likes the look of all the iapps as well as aqua. but an optional brushed interface would be good.
i dont think apple should offer too many themes just customizability.
Brushed chimera doesn't look that horrible except the widgets or out of wack. I always have the calibration to mid day sunlight so it's lease bright on the eyes.

after using the SmoothStripes theme (which, it turns out, is actually stripeless) for so long, the aqua scan lines look really bad. it clutters everything up. i love my smoothstripes ^_^.

Well "brushed aluminum" is making a bad thing worse, in my opinion. In addition to having all the problems linked to normal Aqua (except the stripes and the brightness) it makes the titlebar dissappear completely.
By the way, I'm currently using Max Rudberg's Rhapsodized theme, which is mostly great, except for the weird "default button" behaviour.

I like the Apple Aqua interface, i just can't stand the traffic light color scheme. It's good for a newbie, but us true mac users don't need that. Red - close, thats good, but the other two are just not needed and seem out of place. Leave the buttons a clear color, or allow us to change the color to our own liking. The buttons with the shadows look good on NON brushed apps, while the indented would work fine on the brushed.

Originally posted by Urbansory
I like the Apple Aqua interface, i just can't stand the traffic light color scheme. It's good for a newbie, but us true mac users don't need that. Red - close, thats good, but the other two are just not needed and seem out of place. Leave the buttons a clear color, or allow us to change the color to our own liking. The buttons with the shadows look good on NON brushed apps, while the indented would work fine on the brushed.

YOU use graphite!

Back