prjoni99

Registered
Is available in Software Update. I'm downloading it right now is 51 megs!

The 10.2.3 Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for the following applications, utilities, and technologies: AppleScript, Classic compatibility, Disk Copy, Disk Utility, Image Capture, Mail, OpenGL, Print Center, and Rendezvous. It provides audio, disc recording, graphics, printing improvements, as well as AFP and WebDAV networking improvements. The update also provides updated security services and includes the latest Security Updates.

For detailed information on this Update, please visit http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n107263

I just installed the update and restarted. Nothing seems different other than the build number. Its now 6G30. I haven't launched any textured applications yet, so I have yet to see the new window widgets that ddma started a thread about.

I just launched the Calculator, and it has the new window widgets. Not like you haven't seen them yet, but anyway:

Attachments

• calculator.jpg
    calculator.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 226
Originally posted by celeborn
Does this update screw around with themes? I'm using SmoothStripes...

I don't know, but I do remember older updates writing over themes.

The Terminal.app binary is changed, but the til article makes no mention of it, and I don't see any immediate differences.

Does anyone have any extracurricular knowledge of what might have been changed there?

i'm VERY fond of them. i'll lose them tomorrow, when i reinstall rhapsodized, though. ;)

but i really hate iTunes and QuickTime not adhering to Apple's UI standards (i.e., they don't use the new theme...)...

Originally posted by fryke
i'm VERY fond of them.
Yes, I like them too.

Originally posted by fryke
but i really hate iTunes and QuickTime not adhering to Apple's UI standards (i.e., they don't use the new theme...)...
I wonder if this means that QuickTime and iTunes will get updated to Cocoa (or to at least follow the new theme) soon. I hope so; I don't like Carbon applications.

For some reason, after i installed 10.2.3, the softwareupdater want me to download iTunes 3.0.1. i allready have that, but i downloaded it anyway and restarted the computer, but it still want me to download it. strange.

hmm... i've let it update iTunes, too, but haven't checked SU again after it... hope Apple will sort that out by letting us download a REALLY new iTunes update soon... :)

System Pref. and Terminal launch in one bounce now, not two. Mozilla launches in five bounces now, not eight. Me likes! :D

Download right now on my DSL line. Am excited, though, most notably about this...

"Improves compatibility for OpenGL-based software on some computers that use ATI Rage 128 graphic accelerator chips; improves reliability for OpenGL-based software while Screen Saver effects are enabled on some computers that use ATI Rage 128 graphic accelerator chips."

And...

"Includes OpenGL 1.4 which contains improvements for all systems"

This could be heaven for a Pismo owner. I'll report in once I've finished this monster of a download and played around for it a while.

Back