Is there anything new to iPhoto too ?

I'm redownloading iCal now to see those great changes you're talking about, adambyte.

Has anyone an experience with iPhoto ?

Really, for me iDisk suddenly became a useable service....

Until now I have been using Goliath to access my iDisk - but now 'Go' -> 'iDisk' works fast enough that I don't need to!

This is great.

Hey. You're right. iCal does seem a lot faster.

Does anybody else think that the System Prefs look a lot better in brushed metal?

Attachments

• sys_prefs_metal.jpg
    sys_prefs_metal.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 126
no problems with smoothstripes? which theme switcher are you using? Duality 3 or 4?

I *think* it's just you. I downloaded iCal 1.0 and it's still the sluggish crap I have met by the past... Are you mentioning another iCal version ? Could you point me to it ?

iCal is definitely faster for me. Clicking to bring it foward...window displays in about 1 second vs. like 5 before! Resize of todo pane is much faster. Adding events either by drag and drop or double-click is much faster. Calendar switching is also faster.

Launch of some applications is faster too.

Not sure how I feel yet about the new window widgets. They seem okay to me. However, I despise the inconsistency. This will be fixed soon I suspect. I'm guessing iTunes 4 and QT 6.1 will be at MWSF and will resolve this issue.

Finder is much faster, and Find works faster as well. Normally that damn wheel would spin, it shows results right after i hit search now. Window scrolling seems a little smoother, won't really know until i let the system stay up for a few days of REAL work.

i lose widgets in brushed metal using smoothstripes in duality (i believe version 3, but im not sure)

i am using D4 and i still have no widgets. i can't get 'em back =(. maybe i should reinstall 10.2.3. ick.

Downloading the update now. :D I would have sooner, however I was knocked out with my fever. :(

Hey, it's almost done! :D ::Changes his sig before he leaves::

The install took forever on my work computer. I wonder if that was because it had duality running? Oh and the install took forever not the download. Geez. Still i don't see a differance.

Twister

Duality is a theme changer for Mac OS X. When i was updating i had a Smooth Aqual theme on that removed all the horizontal stripes.

More info on Duality at versiontracker.com

Twister

The new update seems to have made everything a little faster - applications launch faster (System Preferences in less than a bounce) scrolling is faster (especially noticable in Photoshop), and loading pages in Chimera is faster.

So that probably means that there's still some optimization that can be done... I sure hope 10.3 makes it even better!

Since this is the official 10.2.3 thread, I thought I'd point out to anyone in pro audio, that 10.2.3 has indeed solved many problems in that area. Specifically, running CuBase SX with a US-428, no more distortion or artifacts. (Unfortunately, there's a new bug, which disallows CuBase SX from launching now under 10.2.3 on a good chunk of computers. I got it to work on one machine, but not another.)

Has anyone run this under 10.2.3 yet? They claim significant speed boosts under 10.2.3, specifically. I still haven't bought VPC yet, but I keep toying with the idea. I mostly want it just for niche PC apps that aren't worth buying a PC for and don't require the speed of a real PC. I don't intend on running Windows apps for productivity, just as a side option in occasional situations.

Back