10.2.5 is here boys and gals...

39.9MB I hope they are good bytes!

*LONG TIME NO SEE GUYS, Hong Kong's SARS breakout makes me can't breath!

Originally posted by ddma
39.9MB I hope they are good bytes!

*LONG TIME NO SEE GUYS, Hong Kong's SARS breakout makes me can't breath!

I see a little change in speed... Vroom Vroom... Faster, Faster :D

Too early for me to say if i notice a change after a restart, let me pound it with work and check back later.

Guys, i only have 10.2.3 (because 10.2.4) Causes incompatibilities with my USB DSL Modem. Is it possible to Dual boot X with X?

How do i do it? can i simply just ummm, copy the X stuff, onto another Drive.

Basically, i wanna update to 10.2.5 on one install, and leave the other @ 10.2.3, just in case.

If anyone can help, it'd be appreciated

Neyo

does the 10.2.5 update still kill iBook batteries? I know that some people dont believe that 10.2.4 did (at least in some cases), but I know 3 or 4 people it happened to.

anyone know if they fixed that problem in .5?

woohoo Bluetooth now works with my address book and Nokia 3650. So I can answer the phone and send sms's via the keyboard.. heh

Now if only Apple or someone could figure out a bluetooth proximity sensor for the nokia I would have it made. I wonder if it would be possible with applescript.

My airport is fixed. The interenet sharing with my iMac over airport had a problem where certain websites would not load on the client(iBook) computer. Works now!:D

i am dl'ing it now!
hmmm... speed increases!?!?! yesss!!! whenever i start up my computer since i got X.2.4, it takes sooo long to start up! (the white boot screen).
Well, i hope this will make me happy!
later,
Androo.

i was noticing the really long start up too... :mad:

though i rarely shut down my computer it would take 2 to 3 minutes for it to start back up...

i am downloading right now...yea!

Yay! At last, turning on file sharing does not make a mockery of file permissions. At least, according to the description on Apple's website... I'll look into it once it's installed

2 minutes to start up???? Whoa, The longest was 80 secs for me, and restarts average about 30 to 40 secs. Although 10.2.5 took a little longer to start after installation.

I had a temporary system hesitation, everything was jumpy for about 3 seconds, then Safari bombed. The mouse skipped, and iTunes hesitated, that's new.

I see a speed improvement when I click on the Apple Menu, all the thing appear *INSTANTLY*. Maybe Apple has updated the graphic driver for my PowerBook G4 12 inch?

took 10 minutes to boot after update :( works flawlessly now though

I'm noticing my iMac always takes up too long to boot after it's been on for more than a day, which always is. I checked it and it just sits there for 10 minutes checking the disk. Weird...

10.2.5 works as it should though :) Now where's 10.3 ;)

On what screen does it just sit there for 10 min? I'm curious. I had mine sit on blue for a while a few months ago, I said forget it after a while (3 to 4 min) I had to reinstall in place later that day.

sits there at the apple screen, I just reset the firmware and did fsck -y it bootet fast, but will see what happens when the uptime is a bit longer

Just installing. Will post results of my restart afterwards... :)

UPDATE: Did fsck on grey Apple screen for about 40 seconds, then started fast as usually. No probs at all. Great update. :)

Major improvement in power up time
iTunes loads in fewer bounces
Generally seems a bit more responsive.

now the bad news...
My graphics tablet wouldn't let me click-and-drag???
New driver from Wacom sorted it

Input menu showed UK & US on menu bar but International panel in Sys Prefs showed only UK ticked?
Had to tick US and then un-tick it?

Back