10.2.8 Released! Yea!

Only problem I've had is that it seemed to have destroyed my Firewalk X daemon (therefore allowing my lovely Mac to be open to one and all for the past 12hrs!!!)

Don't even bother, I've closed it again!

No problems with 10.2.8... On the contrary:
Safari no longer crashes for me! I could crash the damn thing in 5 mins without doing anything special! :eek: But now, no matter how hard I try to crash it, nothing! :D

As for the transparencies in Dock, I'm using ClearDock with APE and no problems with that too!

Also, in System Preferences Keyboard and Mouse are one pane like in Panther and it clearly has a Bluetooth tab too! :D

I will post a pic of my 10.2.8 setup running on a PowerMac G4/933 shortly...

*EDIT*
Here it is:
http://homepage.mac.com/hulkaros/10.2.8.jpg

ive had no problems so far, but intial start up was slow, ive also found it to be a little snappier with the graphics such as minimizing....etc, maybe its just me

i have clear dock in as well and have had no problems

I'm still running 10.2.6 and use Apple's Beta X11 environment and OpenOffice from OpenOffice.Org. Has anyone installed10.2.8 without loss of X11 and OpenOffice? I *REALLY NEED* OpenOffice to work and not go down. I'm not kidding, I absolutely must have OpenOffice to work without patches, etc... Anyone?

Originally posted by Darkshadow
I do not have the .7 flash plugin, it's still Shockwave Flash 6.0 r79 which is what it was before the upgrade.

Yes. If you had 7 installed, the update would revert you down to 6. Minor but stupid detail.

I lost my access to the Internet/local network through my ethernet port. I rebooted in OS 9 and the access was ok. I don't know what the Mac OS 10.2.8 update did, but I really need a solution soon. -- I'm sending this email from another machine.

The solution is to revert the AppleGMACEthernet.kext from the new version (1.3.0) to the 10.2.6 version (1.2.4) and reboot. This file is located in System/Library/Extensions. You can pull this file from an older Mac OS X system that has not yet been updated, then replace it by booting into Mac OS 9 and overwriting the old file (which you should back up, just in case).

You can download the file needed HERE if you need it.

Originally posted by chemistry_geek
I'm still running 10.2.6 and use Apple's Beta X11 environment and OpenOffice from OpenOffice.Org. Has anyone installed10.2.8 without loss of X11 and OpenOffice? I *REALLY NEED* OpenOffice to work and not go down. I'm not kidding, I absolutely must have OpenOffice to work without patches, etc... Anyone?

Well, I did a clean reinstall of my entire system (just because its been a while) before upgrading to 10.2.8, but after I reinstalled X11, it and OpenOffice.org worked fine. If you just update to 10.2.8 without wiping the system, you shouldn't even need to reinstall X11, but if for some reason it doesn't work, a reinstall should fix it.

I renamed the AppleGMACEthernet.kext folder and removed it from System/Library/Extensions and replaced as suggested with one from another machine and I seem to be back on line. THANKS!!!!!!

Originally posted by RyanLang
Software update isn't showing 10.2.8 for me...weird since there's been all these problems for you guys.

I think its been taken down because of all the reported issues. Ive been doing research on it here at my ITS job, and this is what im seeing. I cant get any of my systems here to pull the update down.

Apple removed 10.2.8. Must be a lot of problems/complaints.
I have it on both a Powerbook and desktop and have no problems so far.

yea, i'm glad i got it since it seems to have fixed an issue for me with no bad things yet. i would guess that apple will fix it and rerelease soon though.

I downloaded it last night and wanted to download the standalone installer but it's been pulled as you guys have said. Wonder if Apple will release an update for us who already have installed it? I haven't had any problems and I've installed it on my Lombard powerbook and my wife's iBook 800mhz
Someone mentioned that their display on an iMac went grainy that's because you display is set on thousand colors, happened to my Lombard as well after the update, not the first time either. Wonder why that happens

Viktor

if you want it email me or IM me... links to my IM adresses and email are in the profile.
that goes for anyone. i got both of the installers

I installed it and do not seem to be having any problems related to it. I just had the motherboard replaced (video card went bad) ((iBook 800 Combo)) and I am having problems with not turning on from sleep and also issues of keys being pressed when I am not touching anything. Such as the back button is Safari or saving a message while typing in Mail.app

Joshua

Good thing they removed it. My brother said that OmniGraffle gave him problems as well under 10.2.8.

pfiew...
I'm happy I updated today before they took it offline!
I installed 10.2.8 on my PB Al 867mhz without any problem. Since then Safari runs at double speed!! I think this has to do with the included update on graphics.

Indeed the 10.2.8 mouse/trakpad/keyboard/bluetooth(mouse&keyboard) pannel is alike the same panel of 10.3.

Back