10.2.8 Released! Yea!

Originally posted by fryke
"See? I've told you so..." said Fryke.

Now, that this is the last Jaguar update, has anybody found some bugs already?
yep, theres a bug
it dosent install right on powerbooks and worries the owner...

Ok, wouldn't download through software update on my PowerBook, kept telling me to download to disk, and it wouldn't do that. Downloaded to disk on my desktop and drug over to PowerBook and installed.

Safari 1.0 (v85.5)

Everything seems to be working ok.

Anyone know if this fixes the remote login (ssh) security bug that was announced earlier this week? I've kept it off since it was announced since my linux room mates would love to exploit my precious mac ;)

Download and install on my iBook went fine. I've chosen to download to the Desktop from the beginning. Haven't done much with it, though, just to keep my Jaguar up to date. Back to Panther. ;-)

mine lost icons for jpgs and loops and zips and stuff like that on the desktop. weird with no icons. I've installed, with the same results on a G4 400 Tower and G4 667 Powerbook

no icon loss here. seems to fix the problem with one of my external firewire drives normally not mounting - as per the detailed descriptions on the apple site. (except i never got that error message they describe) all this time i thought it was the drive. all you bluetooth users should love this one as bluetooth enhancements seem to be the majority of this update.

Can anyone verify if their Flash plugin was updated to v.7? Someone mentioned it in another forum.. The easiest way to check is go to macromedia.com and see if it tells you to upgrade. This would only apply to those that didn't already upgrade their player....

Thanks.

Hey now! I'm back here on 10.2.4! I havn't updated because my friend updated to 10.2.6 and my CD burner wouldn't work under it. I let him borrow my burner so he could backup some HD space. But when I use the CD burner under 10.2.4 it runs perfectly! Anybody know if 10.2.8 will run it?

It's a Iomega Predator. :)

i had a flash downgrade to 6 but i don't know if that's from .8 or from when in installed the dreamweaver 04 trial

The update seem flawless so far for me. My issues with webmail is fixed, I can now send email without Safari crashing.

YEA.

I looked right over this and posted a thread, not sure how i missed this one, damn Notice. Go crawl under my desk for a few.

Install went smooth, took well over a minute from the chime to boot up, way longer than normal.

For the Flash player thing, just go into Safari, then to Help => Installed Plug-ins. It should bring up a new window showing all the plug ins, scroll down to the bottem and look at the shockwave/flash player (it should say what version somewhere....just look for numbers).

I installed 10.2.8, and everything seems fine. No problems, alls good.

I'm interested to know if 10.2.8 updates everyone's flash player to 7... If you know for a fact you had v.6 or older before the update and now have v.7 please post. It's interesting that Apple is distributing a flash player update. I bet it's because there are improvements specifically related to Safari, not to mention the supposed 200% speed increase for the Mac player runtime.

well the new Flash player finally has one bug out, that sticking finger cursor is no more. I can't confirm about it coming with 10.2.8, cause i had it when it first came out.

anyone else have an "async httpmail" in mail.app or is my imagination... if yes, it works the same way as httpmail plugin/bundle?

updated and lost all network services, incl. printer. very distressing. anybody else have that problem? can't seem to fix.:(

I do not have the .7 flash plugin, it's still Shockwave Flash 6.0 r79 which is what it was before the upgrade.

I found out not to try making the new Dock transparent. That was a pain. :D

Back