10.3 Panther Screenshot (For Real!!)

The first thing I thought when I saw these screen shots was "oh look, Platinum's back." With the grey title bars and the greyer backgrounds it looks like hte ghost of Platinum has descended upon Aqua. That's not to say that I don't like it or think it is old fashioned looking, but I choose to reserve judgement on a GUI until I see it in its natural environment. I do not believe the "new finder" picture (the one that says 'Xdrive' at the top depicts exactly what everyone assumes it does. I just don't think that Apple would wrap the Finder itself in a brushed metal interface but not all the other windows. I suspect that something is going on here that people simply don't realize.

As for people's comments about which apps they like or do not like with a brushed metal look, I'd like to throw my opinion in by saying that the only app that I 100% like with the metal look is Safari. Here the metal is a nice, smooth accent at the top and bottom of the window while not showing itself at all along the sides, and thereby not displaying the same akward corners to be found in apps like iTunes. If I had to pick a second best, though, I would probably say iTunes or iPhoto.

and it seems the screen shots were real....

too bad KSV and Hulkaros where tryin so hard to prove us wrong ;)
thanx guys !!!

Originally posted by tsizKEIK
and it seems the screen shots were real....

too bad KSV and Hulkaros where tryin so hard to prove us wrong ;)
thanx guys !!!

I wrote the following:
"After all said and done, all the above may turn to be nothing but another Hulkaros crap! For me if this will turn to be the real Panther, it will be a let down... I expect A LOT more from Apple than just another Aqua/Brushed/WinXP theme. A lot more."

It may turned out to be another Hulkaros crap but the same with my final conclusion:
A let down... I expected A LOT more from Apple than just another Aqua/Brushed/WinXP theme. A lot more! Not to mention faster than until the end of this year too! :mad:

Oh, well at least they may have some tricks up their sleeves :rolleyes:

And tsizKEIK? You are welcome! :p :D ;)

:)

Back